Software doesn't create files automatically.

I've just upgraded from Win XP Home to Pro, and now the
same software I have been using will not install. It says
the folder does not exist. I don't really understand why
the folder should exist prior to the installation of the
software. Example: Diskkeeper 8.0, claims the
folder "Executive Software" does not exist. Of course it
doesn't exist, it should be created during the
installation process. This has happened with several
programs now. Is there a setting somewhere that doesn't
allow programs to create a folder?

Upgrades in general are a bad idea. In cases of XP chances are that the PRO upgrade simply integrated itself into the registry of the Home edition so that in fact there are still references to the installed programs throughout the registry that makes your installation think the program is there even though you are attempting a clean install of the program. The simplest thing to do is to go>start\run and type regedt32 and hit OK and then click edit\find on the toolbar at the top and then type in the name of the program and do a search and delete any references in either keys (on the left) or subkeys (on the right) that you find. You may have to tap F3 after every deletion to find the next entry until you get a "finished searching registry" box. While this is aggravating it's simply another example of why one should always do a clean install of any OS.
--
There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those that can't.

This was a clean install, formatted 60GB drive. Any other
suggestions? Thanks.