netgear WGR614 connection problems

I have this installed as wireless router with a scientific atlanta cable
modem and an 802.11g wireless lan card. Connection works perfectly and will
stay connected indefinitely until I launch any p2p application. Sometimes
the connection will last a couple of days, but mostly I am lucky to stay
connected for fifteen minutes. Direct cable connection to modem still works
but wireless connection drops out, requiring a reset of the wireless router.
any ideas?

thx in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about netgear wgr614 connection problems

    I am not sure, if this is the best you can do. If you disabled SSID
    broadcast, enable it.
    Also see if there are signal blocks in your area.

    "Philip Chandler" <philipchandler@lineone.net> wrote in message
    > I have this installed as wireless router with a scientific atlanta cable
    > modem and an 802.11g wireless lan card. Connection works perfectly and
    will
    > stay connected indefinitely until I launch any p2p application. Sometimes
    > the connection will last a couple of days, but mostly I am lucky to stay
    > connected for fifteen minutes. Direct cable connection to modem still
    works
    > but wireless connection drops out, requiring a reset of the wireless
    router.
    > any ideas?
    >
    > thx in advance

Wireless Router Wireless Connection Wireless Networking