netgear WGR614 connection problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 1, 2004 2:16:25 PM

I have this installed as wireless router with a scientific atlanta cable
modem and an 802.11g wireless lan card. Connection works perfectly and will
stay connected indefinitely until I launch any p2p application. Sometimes
the connection will last a couple of days, but mostly I am lucky to stay
connected for fifteen minutes. Direct cable connection to modem still works
but wireless connection drops out, requiring a reset of the wireless router.
any ideas?

thx in advance
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 3, 2004 2:01:25 PM

I am not sure, if this is the best you can do. If you disabled SSID
broadcast, enable it.
Also see if there are signal blocks in your area.

!