user accounts - trabsferring files

foxy

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2002

how can i transfer files (as administrator) from my "my documents" file to other users? Copy and paste doesn't work, and "send to..." doesn't seem to be an option. I don't want to use the shared file because the files need to be unique to the specified user.

Foxy,

Change your Windows Explorer View Hidden Folders to true, then go into
Documents & Settings and find your users and paste and rename the files
there

"Doug" wrote:

> Foxy,
>
> Change your Windows Explorer View Hidden Folders to true, then go into
> Documents & Settings and find your users and paste and rename the files
> there

> "foxy" <foxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how can i transfer files (as administrator) from my "my documents" file to
> > other users? Copy and paste doesn't work, and "send to..." doesn't seem
> > to be an option. I don't want to use the shared file because the files
> > need to be unique to the specified user.

foxy

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2002

Doug

Thanks. I've tried that but it's not working. The file is the broadband modem connection and it still won't open on any other than the Administrator a/c. Seems a very fundamental thing for all users to want to connect to the internet. Any other suggestions?

Foxy
> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Foxy,
> >
> > Change your Windows Explorer View Hidden Folders to true, then go into
> > Documents & Settings and find your users and paste and rename the files
> > there

> > "foxy" <foxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > how can i transfer files (as administrator) from my "my documents" file to
> > > other users? Copy and paste doesn't work, and "send to..." doesn't seem
> > > to be an option. I don't want to use the shared file because the files
> > > need to be unique to the specified user.

DantheMan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hi Foxy

When you create a conenction it will ask you if you want to create the connection for 'Me only' or 'Anyone who uses this computer.'

Try making a new connection with the same settings and selecting the second option above.

Regards
Dan