Windows Media Player v 9.0

My Pc is almost a year old,
was always able to burn cd's in this Player, now suddenly I am getting this error message when I insert the cd-dislk to burn on to.....

Error ID = 0xC00D11C9, Condition ID = 0x00000000

I am using the same Brand of Dsik too, please offer a solution anyone ?????
Thanks

Does this only happen in wmp9 series.If so are you transfering the
the tracks to:copy to cd in wmp..If all seem in order,download
another copy of wmp9,it'll extract the current before installing a
new copy.One other try,open wmp,tools,options,edit the tabs as
needed.

"Trees" wrote:

> My Pc is almost a year old,
> was always able to burn cd's in this Player, now suddenly I am getting this error message when I insert the cd-dislk to burn on to.....
>

> Error ID = 0xC00D11C9, Condition ID = 0x00000000
>
> I am using the same Brand of Dsik too, please offer a solution anyone ?????
> Thanks

C00D11C9: Cannot copy files to recordable disc

[[Windows Media Player cannot copy the files to the recordable disc. You
might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:
The CD-R or CD-RW drive is busy. Wait for the drive to complete its current
operation, and then try again.
The CD-R or CD-RW drive is not compatible. Verify that the drive is
connected properly and that you have installed the latest device drivers,
and then try again.
To verify that the drive is compatible and to download the latest device
drivers, see the Windows Hardware Compatibility List at the Microsoft Web
site.]]
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d11c9_0x00000000

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:8EAFF60E-2F8E-4452-95A4-05A00E20F132@microsoft.com,
Trees <Trees@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> My Pc is almost a year old,
> was always able to burn cd's in this Player, now suddenly I am
> getting this error message when I insert the cd-dislk to burn on
> to.....
>

> Error ID = 0xC00D11C9, Condition ID = 0x00000000
>
> I am using the same Brand of Dsik too, please offer a solution
> anyone ?????
> Thanks

Andrew. Thanks but I Have downloaded wmp 9 several several times and still get the same answer. I have also removed Nero several times to see if the trouble was there but still get the ERROR message. desperate .connie

"Andrew E" wrote:

> Does this only happen in wmp9 series.If so are you transfering the
> the tracks to:copy to cd in wmp..If all seem in order,download
> another copy of wmp9,it'll extract the current before installing a
> new copy.One other try,open wmp,tools,options,edit the tabs as
> needed.
>

> "Trees" wrote:
>
> > My Pc is almost a year old,
> > was always able to burn cd's in this Player, now suddenly I am getting this error message when I insert the cd-dislk to burn on to.....
> >

> > Error ID = 0xC00D11C9, Condition ID = 0x00000000
> >
> > I am using the same Brand of Dsik too, please offer a solution anyone ?????
> > Thanks

Thanks Trees, I have exactly the same probem, and have tried several people who have tried to solve the probem, with no joy, do you think it could be a problem with the hard drive?, it seems strange that the same fault occurs on several p.cs dont you think.? connie

"Trees" wrote:

> My Pc is almost a year old,
> was always able to burn cd's in this Player, now suddenly I am getting this error message when I insert the cd-dislk to burn on to.....
>

> Error ID = 0xC00D11C9, Condition ID = 0x00000000
>
> I am using the same Brand of Dsik too, please offer a solution anyone ?????
> Thanks

Thanks Connie, glad to know I am not alone in this, but would like a solution.