I just purchased a new computer and i want to find out
how to make the pictures (boxes),words, and icons on the
screen smaller.

you can try a couple of things.
First, on the toolbar, click "view">toolbars>customize. On Icon options, click small.
also on toolbar>view>text size.
also, to change your screen resolution go to an empty spot on your desktop, right click>properties>settings> set your resolution to 1024 X 768
also, right click your Start Button>left click properties>select start menu tab>customize>small icons.

"isha" wrote:

> I just purchased a new computer and i want to find out
> how to make the pictures (boxes),words, and icons on the
> screen smaller.

There is much you can do to customize your desktop and the easiest way to learn is to click your way around. In this case right click on the desktop then click Properties then the "Appearance" tab and then the advanced button (lower right) Now down the lower left you will see the word "Item:" with a line under it and an arrow to the right of that line. Click this arrow and a world of options will open up to you. You can set icon size\spacing\colours\fonts and so on. Once you have chosen something the available options will be activated. For instance. In the window at the top once you are in the advanced screen click the line that says "Nessage Box". Notice as soon as you do that all the features down the bottom become active and in the Item: line you will see "Active Title Bar" to the right of that you can click the up\down arrows in "Size" to change it's size and watch the change take place in the window above. To the right of that are two colour boxs. Notice that the line behind message starts as one colour and fades to another as you go right. You can change the colour if you like by using the arrows beside Color1: and Color2: The same goes for the Font: line. You can change the style of your font here as well as it's size and colour. Don't be afraid to experiment and watch the changes in the box above as you make them. If you don't want to apply any of these changes then when you are done playing click cancel. Don't be afraid to click your way around in XP. You would be surprised what you can find under those advanced buttons and properties options. Enjoy.
--
There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those that can't.

"isha" wrote:

> I just purchased a new computer and i want to find out
> how to make the pictures (boxes),words, and icons on the
> screen smaller.

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:25:10 -0700, "isha"

> I just purchased a new computer and i want to find out
> how to make the pictures (boxes),words, and icons on the
> screen smaller.

What are you using for your picture editor?