restore Category View in Control Panel

am looking for help in restoring the view in my Control Panel, I made the
mistake of clicking on the Classic View and forgot to switch it back before
shutting down and now have lost ability to switch back to the Category
View... the option is just not there anymore.... have searched the Help in
Control Panel, and it tells me how to switch back and forth but doesn't say
anything about what to do when the options aren't there anymore.... would
appreciate any wise words (other than don't mess with xp).... thanx....
2 answers Last reply
More about restore category view control panel

    Hi,

    Tools/Folder Options/General tab, click "show common tasks".

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Lois" <msterse@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > am looking for help in restoring the view in my Control Panel, I made the
    > mistake of clicking on the Classic View and forgot to switch it back
    before
    > shutting down and now have lost ability to switch back to the Category
    > View... the option is just not there anymore.... have searched the Help in
    > Control Panel, and it tells me how to switch back and forth but doesn't
    say
    > anything about what to do when the options aren't there anymore.... would
    > appreciate any wise words (other than don't mess with xp).... thanx....

    thanx Rick,

    worked like a charm and what a simple solution, why is it so hard to find
    these things in the "Help and Support" for WinXP.... i now realize that
    perhaps i should use the newsgroups after the first half hour of searching
    instead of hitting my head on the walls of XP support... once again, thanx

    > Hi,
    >
    > Tools/Folder Options/General tab, click "show common tasks".
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Lois" <msterse@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > am looking for help in restoring the view in my Control Panel, I made
    the
    > > mistake of clicking on the Classic View and forgot to switch it back
    > before
    > > shutting down and now have lost ability to switch back to the Category
    > > View... the option is just not there anymore.... have searched the Help
    in
    > > Control Panel, and it tells me how to switch back and forth but doesn't
    > say
    > > anything about what to do when the options aren't there anymore....
    would
    > > appreciate any wise words (other than don't mess with xp)....
    thanx....

Control Panel Switch Windows XP