Lost e-mails in Outlook express? How can I retrieve?

July 11, 2004 3:25:48 AM

How do I get e-mails that I believe got deleted...for in
my inbox it appears that several months worth of e-mails
(500) got erased/deleted.

Where can I locate these possibly lost e-mails?

THANK YOU!!!

Robert
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 11:16:49 AM

Have you checked the deleted items folder yet? Generally, once email is
deleted in Outlook Express, it is permanent.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ROBERT" <crazyrobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get e-mails that I believe got deleted...for in
> my inbox it appears that several months worth of e-mails
> (500) got erased/deleted.
>
> Where can I locate these possibly lost e-mails?
>
> THANK YOU!!!
>
> Robert

Anonymous
July 11, 2004 4:27:25 PM

ROBERT wrote:
> How do I get e-mails that I believe got deleted...for in
> my inbox it appears that several months worth of e-mails
> (500) got erased/deleted.
>
> Where can I locate these possibly lost e-mails?
>
> THANK YOU!!!
>
> Robert

Do NOT store mail in any of the default folders of OE, move them to
folders created by you under Local Folders.
Disable "compact in the background" and do this regularly, manually,
whilst offline.
For your current problem, see this link.
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgo...

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)