HP Pavilion 524c with XP Pro: Sound is not working

Johnathan

I got a HP Pavilion 524c from someone and I formatted the HardDrive
and installed XP Pro but I dont know the type of sound card that is on
board for the HP Pavilion 524c. Can someone please tell me how to get
the sound working on the 524c with XP Pro my kids are waiting to play
some games

thanks for your help

johnpalm@1hostplus.com

Hi,
hp indicates it has a realtec alc201 integrated audio . i would try
http://www.driverguide.com or a google search for drivers .
driverguide requires free registration , but it is a great source for
drivers . they also have info on searching for and installing drivers
..
hope this helps ,
terry

==============

Jan

In article <ea5ec343.0404251535.53e18260@posting.google.com>, johnpalm@
1hostplus.com says...
> I got a HP Pavilion 524c from someone and I formatted the HardDrive
> and installed XP Pro but I dont know the type of sound card that is on
> board for the HP Pavilion 524c. Can someone please tell me how to get
> the sound working on the 524c with XP Pro my kids are waiting to play
> some games
>
> thanks for your help
>
> johnpalm@1hostplus.com

Try looking here and see if you can find what you are looking for:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=298649
&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&dest_page=product&os=228
--
Cheers!

Jan

Why not the Realtek web site? ... Ben Myers