Does Nero Multi-Mount work with XP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Has anyone gotten Nero's Multi-Mount program to work with Nero 5.5.10.58
and Windows XP Home (or any NT based Windows)? If you did, did you have
to do anything special?

I have un-installed Nero, run the General Clean Tool and reinstalled
Nero at least four times. I have attempted to install the Multi Mounter
separately at least six times. I still do not get a "volumes" tab under
properties which is what the Multi Mounter did under Windows 98 SE.

Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an

Daniel Prince said in news:34r1f0l5a0d2q4aeagpb4dr90vrjjlhg6h@4ax.com:
> Has anyone gotten Nero's Multi-Mount program to work with Nero
> 5.5.10.58 and Windows XP Home (or any NT based Windows)? If you did,
> did you have to do anything special?
>
> I have un-installed Nero, run the General Clean Tool and reinstalled
> Nero at least four times. I have attempted to install the Multi
> Mounter separately at least six times. I still do not get a
> "volumes" tab under properties which is what the Multi Mounter did
> under Windows 98 SE.
>
> Thank you in advance for all replies.

Did you download and install the *correct* version?

See http://www.nero.com/us/631940720275822.html for downloads.

Maybe you could better explain just what this utility is for. Nero's overly terse description is "This will allow you to access multi session CDs". Yeah, so what? I can write multisession CDs using Nero CD Burning Software. I can insert them into the CD drive and read them. When burning to CD-R[W], I don't close so I can continue writing more sessions to add more files later. Is the REAL purpose of this utility to give you viritual CD drives (from 1 to 4 of them) that can load several types of CD image so that their contents are available without using the actual CD media? If so, I use Daemon Tools for that (which gives me 4 emulated CD drives and even will help overcome some copy protection schemes, like SafeDisc, SecureROM, LaserLock, RMPS, and others). I saw Nero's MultiMounter utility awhile ago but could not tell from its almost non-existent description what the hell it does.
*** Email domain = ".com" AND append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

*Vanguard* said in news:LOWdnQWCzaFwzWzd4p2dnA@comcast.com:
> Daniel Prince said in news:34r1f0l5a0d2q4aeagpb4dr90vrjjlhg6h@4ax.com:
>> Has anyone gotten Nero's Multi-Mount program to work with Nero
>> 5.5.10.58 and Windows XP Home (or any NT based Windows)? If you did,
>> did you have to do anything special?
>>
>> I have un-installed Nero, run the General Clean Tool and reinstalled
>> Nero at least four times. I have attempted to install the Multi
>> Mounter separately at least six times. I still do not get a
>> "volumes" tab under properties which is what the Multi Mounter did
>> under Windows 98 SE.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for all replies.
>
> Did you download and install the *correct* version?
>
> See http://www.nero.com/us/631940720275822.html for downloads.
>
> Maybe you could better explain just what this utility is for. Nero's
> overly terse description is "This will allow you to access multi
> session CDs". Yeah, so what? I can write multisession CDs using
> Nero CD Burning Software. I can insert them into the CD drive and
> read them. When burning to CD-R[W], I don't close so I can continue
> writing more sessions to add more files later. Is the REAL purpose
> of this utility to give you viritual CD drives (from 1 to 4 of them)
> that can load several types of CD image so that their contents are
> available without using the actual CD media? If so, I use Daemon
> Tools for that (which gives me 4 emulated CD drives and even will
> help overcome some copy protection schemes, like SafeDisc, SecureROM,
> LaserLock, RMPS, and others). I saw Nero's MultiMounter utility
> awhile ago but could not tell from its almost non-existent
> description what the hell it does.

Well, I decided to try it. Downloaded it and edited the .reg file to then see that it is supposed to add a handler for a property sheet to a Drive object. Went through the convoluted and poorly written installation instructions. Took 2 reboots to get the driver loaded. However, never saw the Volumes property tab when right-clicking on the drive icon in Explorer. Uninstalled it (also took 2 reboots and some manual cleanup of the registry and files).

There is a Volumes property tab if you go into Device Manager and look at the CD-RW drive. You have to click the Populate button to have it scan (there is no dynamic updating). Not really useful information (to me). It showed 10MB were used on the CD-R and that was about all the useful info it provided, but I can tell that by digging into the CD-RW drive using Explorer.

"*Vanguard*" <reply-to-newsgroup@do-not-email.invalid> wrote:

>Daniel Prince said in news:34r1f0l5a0d2q4aeagpb4dr90vrjjlhg6h@4ax.com:
>> Has anyone gotten Nero's Multi-Mount program to work with Nero
>> 5.5.10.58 and Windows XP Home (or any NT based Windows)? If you did,
>> did you have to do anything special?
>>
>> I have un-installed Nero, run the General Clean Tool and reinstalled
>> Nero at least four times. I have attempted to install the Multi
>> Mounter separately at least six times. I still do not get a
>> "volumes" tab under properties which is what the Multi Mounter did
>> under Windows 98 SE.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for all replies.
>
>Did you download and install the *correct* version?
>
>See http://www.nero.com/us/631940720275822.html for downloads.

I installed the one that the site said was for Windows 2000 and XP
(Multimounter_2k_XP.zip).

>Maybe you could better explain just what this utility is for.

When I was using Windows 98 SE, I used multi session CDs to backup my
install CDs, some of which have only a few megs of data on them. I was
able to put several such discs on one multi session CD. I used Nero
Multi-Mount to select which disc image Windows sees so that I could
install that program. Now all I can access is the last session on each
disc.

--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an
automobile entertain one's rear and would it be safe to drive while
one's rear was being entertained.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"*Vanguard*" <reply-to-newsgroup@do-not-email.invalid> wrote:

>There is a Volumes property tab if you go into Device Manager and
>look at the CD-RW drive. You have to click the Populate button to
>have it scan (there is no dynamic updating).

I found that too but it only shows me the last session.
--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an
automobile entertain one's rear and would it be safe to drive while
one's rear was being entertained.

TRENDING THREADS