Unable to open Microsoft Word documents

July 11, 2004 6:40:01 AM

Dear Sir or Madam
I have problems opening saved or creating from scratch Microsoft Word documents. Every time I either try to open a previously saved document or simply start a blank one I get the following:
"Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Under error signature I get the following description:
"AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 10.0.4030.0 ModName: hpzntp04.dll
ModVer: 2.80.0.0 Offset: 0001fdc3"
Help!
Sincerely,
Wilbur A. Velarde
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 11:51:21 PM

Does typing in Start Run
winword /a
allow word to start.

If you change printers (just install any printer that's different - you don't need the printer to install the drivers) does that help.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123...

"Wilbur A. Velarde" <Wilbur A. Velarde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0687015-F1EF-4B03-8081-15DFD928B810@microsoft.com...
> Dear Sir or Madam
> I have problems opening saved or creating from scratch Microsoft Word documents. Every time I either try to open a previously saved document or simply start a blank one I get the following:
> "Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
> Under error signature I get the following description:
> "AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 10.0.4030.0 ModName: hpzntp04.dll
> ModVer: 2.80.0.0 Offset: 0001fdc3"
> Help!
> Sincerely,
> Wilbur A. Velarde

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 10:07:02 AM

David
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes it does open Windows word. And allows me to type. But then after about 30 seconds I get the same problem described before.
Regarding printers and drivers, this computer has yet to have a printer installed or attached to it.
Please let me know what else you think it is.
Regards,
Wilbur

!