guess I cant go to agd games anymore :(

I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on my
friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her friends
list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and over
until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her
nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine where i
was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he
came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game. And
now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to talk
to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they say
lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they say no
I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz they
were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I
didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here but I
didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I guess
I just have to play in my own games only now.

Kaytie

On 07 Jan 2005 23:34:24 GMT, kaytiekat@aol.com (KaytieKat) wrote:

>I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on my
>friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her friends
>list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and over
>until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her
>nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
>finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine where i
>was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he
>came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game. And
>now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to talk
>to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they say
>lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they say no
> I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz they
>were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I
>didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here but I
>didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I guess
>I just have to play in my own games only now.
>
>Kaytie

Kaytie, this is just *so* not right! First of all, no one owns the agd
games, it really doesn't matter who's there first as we all come and
go from there (well, *when* we can connect to BattleNet, but that's
another story). Second, in the Normal level game, half the time most
of the characters in there aren't even really there, they're just
burning in mules (something I *definitely* don't object to, btw, they
add to the experience I get so the more the merrier as far as I'm
concerned), or muling, or just dropping stuff off for other people.
Unless things have changed drastically in the week or so since I've
been in the agd games, it sounds like you just caught a bad crowd in
there, I don't want to speak for others but I've never seen *anything*
like this attitude in the agd games, at any difficulty. Besides, if
you stay out of the games I won't have a chance to meet you there
again, when I get my problems ironed out ;-)

You *do* know about the /squelch command, right? That might help you
take care of dingogirl.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

KaytieKat wrote:

> I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on my
> friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her friends
> list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and over
> until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her
> nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
> finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine where i
> was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he
> came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game. And
> now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to talk
> to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they say
> lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they say no
> I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz they
> were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I
> didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here but I
> didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I guess
> I just have to play in my own games only now.

I've had some annoying people in my own friends lists too. I'm always
causious to put people in it, but once in a while someone slips through.
It doesn't have to be too bad though. Just don't add those people when
(if) you make a new account. As for joinging agd games... do they know
all about agd games? Because if you remove them from your list (/f r
account_name) they can't see the names of passworded games anymore. If
they know you usually hang out in agd games that might not work though.

If they do follow you around into agd games, I can't really give you
much advise. Depends mostly on the people who still play I guess. ;-)
But... all those agd loonies can scare some annoying brat away quite
quickly I'd say. They seem to do so without trying, so if they put their
minds to it they should be able to put those annoying people in a mental
institution. (This, by the way, is a compliment to all you nuts :)

If they truly won't leave you alone... well... when I get angry I
transform into this weird terminator-like guy with golden hair growing
down my back, my eyes turn red, horns grow out of my forehead and stuff.
I'd set up a spambot or two to spam them to death. Of course, I can't
recommend that to anyone. It's very naughty and stuff. :-D

Sjoerd

> You *do* know about the /squelch command, right? That might help you
> take care of dingogirl.

Even better - Use the /dnd command with an appropriate message, and it will
automatically respond every time they msg you. I like to use something like
this:

/dnd I'm just in DND mode right now because some people haven't figured out
that using the "/f m" command is annoying and rude. Perhaps if they knew
that you could just type "/m %fX" to talk to just one person on their
friends list instead of the whole list, I might not feel the need to resort
to such drastic measures, but as it is, I need to do something to counteract
the flood of annoyances coming from these people, so I'm using this message
to spread the word to those who for whatever reason feel they must annoy
everybody on their list every time they want to tell their friends where the
stairs are.

Copy this or something like it into a text file so you don't have to re-type
it every time this happens to you. Every time they message you or their
entire list, they will have this huge paragraph of text appear on their
screen, blocking everything. Eventually, anybody that uses "/f m" on you
will either learn the proper syntax for messaging just 1 friend at a time,
or they will remove you from their friends list. Either way, you win. Just
get rid of the /dnd message after they stop bothering you or all your actual
friends will start to get annoyed as well...

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 01:40:01 -0500, "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>
wrote:

>Even better - Use the /dnd command with an appropriate message, and it will
>automatically respond every time they msg you. I like to use something like
>this:
>
>/dnd I'm just in DND mode right now because some people haven't figured out
>that using the "/f m" command is annoying and rude. Perhaps if they knew
>that you could just type "/m %fX" to talk to just one person on their
>friends list instead of the whole list, I might not feel the need to resort
>to such drastic measures, but as it is, I need to do something to counteract
>the flood of annoyances coming from these people, so I'm using this message
>to spread the word to those who for whatever reason feel they must annoy
>everybody on their list every time they want to tell their friends where the
>stairs are.
>
>Copy this or something like it into a text file so you don't have to re-type
>it every time this happens to you. Every time they message you or their
>entire list, they will have this huge paragraph of text appear on their
>screen, blocking everything. Eventually, anybody that uses "/f m" on you
>will either learn the proper syntax for messaging just 1 friend at a time,
>or they will remove you from their friends list. Either way, you win. Just
>get rid of the /dnd message after they stop bothering you or all your actual
>friends will start to get annoyed as well...

Ok, I have obviously not spent *near* enough time on BNut, as I'd
completely forgotten about that command. *Great* idea, if I ever run
into a situation like this I'll have to remember it ;-)

"KaytieKat" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
>I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on
>my
> friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her
> friends
> list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and
> over
> until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked
> her
> nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
> finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine
> where i
> was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian
> and he
> came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game.
> And
> now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to
> talk
> to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they
> say
> lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they
> say no
> I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz
> they
> were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games.
> didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here
> but I
> didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I
> guess
> I just have to play in my own games only now.
>
> Kaytie
Please dont leave the agd games Kaytie
I just joined an agd game and dingogirl was there with a name I recognized
from earlier bad behaviour, Pjkellog. they also repeated messages so I
sqelched them.They left and came back to the act I was in then talked about
some hack and can you make him drop it then left for a private game so they
are probably cheaters.
If they still behave badly to you take a srceen shot so you have the account
name and let your friends knowbut plaese dont laeve because of them
Cheers Al

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Mark wrote:
> "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Killing this clown is almost enough incentive to make me start a
ladder
> > character.
>
> I vote that the group rush a character and donate equipment so
Shiflet can
> assume the role of 'AGD Bouncer' to deal with such situations. I'm
not sure
> what ladder equipment I still have floating around on West, but see
Orion
> Ryder for access to my accounts and help yourself to anything you'd
like.

> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

I second that! I have starting - mid level items if Shiflet wants to
make the move to ladder. The rushing part will have to be someone more
capable than me though :) Also 2 NL high runes = 1 ladder Ist, I can
probably help you make the trade as well.

Kaytie, I think the command you are looking for is /o igw
That blocks whispers from every one not on your friend list.
But yes, while in game you still need to squelch them everytime.

If they are too annoying to you, I or most of other AGD'er will be able
to help you transferring items.

I never hostile anybody, but there are already a number of people who
can't wait to sell Hells_Gaurdian's ears :)

Craig

KaytieKat wrote:
> I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put
> her on my friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone
> one on her friends list ait was funny at first but she would type the
> same sentence over and over until it fill up my screen and I couldnt
> play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her nice to please not broadcast or
> take me off her list but she got mad. She finally said ok but then
> when I invite her into a private game of mine where i was leveling my
> amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he came
> in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game.
> And now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling
> at me to talk to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me
> alone. Then they say lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to
> please leave me alone they say no I said great I cant even go into
> agd games now and they said it was cuz they were in agd games first.
> I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I didnt tell anyone
> first time but one person and she said to post in here but I didnt
> want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I
> guess I just have to play in my own games only now.
>
> Kaytie

Ok, these people have a fairly short attention span so if you create a
second account it gives you a chance to try some new characters (always a
good thing) :) and in a week or too, they will probably be asking who you
are when they get a message about this account entering a game, and if your
worried about not having access to items, you can always grab a regular to
sit in a game while you mule items between your current account and your new
account (just make sure you use a different password than normal)

Craig

Mark wrote:
> "KaytieKat" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
> > ... type the same sentence over and over
> > until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see...
>
> If there's ever too much text on the screen for you, type 'n' and it
will
> clear it.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

Howdee do Bongo.

I saw your post up there and now I know that the gear in those accounts
are made available if need be.

People know when I am on and how to reach me. Matter of fact I'll look
again at the gear tomorrow morn cuz I really did not look much at any
ladder gear. Most of your chars got yanked into NL. All of my current
ladder chars already had gear in my accounts so I did not go searching
through every single char. I just primarily wanted to gear up my last
NL barb.

Siflet post the kind of build you might want to do so everyone can get
started supplying if need be.

Kaytie I admire that you don't want all kinds of trouble going on. Keep
in mind that this person has rocked the boat for many here and now it
is getting to a point where the agd game is just not an agd game
anymore.

Orion Ryder

mark

"Mark" <mteNO@earthlinkSPAM.net> wrote in message

> I vote that the group rush a character and donate equipment so Shiflet can
> assume the role of 'AGD Bouncer' to deal with such situations. I'm not
sure
> what ladder equipment I still have floating around on West, but see Orion
> Ryder for access to my accounts and help yourself to anything you'd like.

Hahaha, I've never taken contracts on a character before, that would be a
first, LOL.

> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

On 07 Jan 2005 23:34:24 GMT, kaytiekat@aol.com (KaytieKat) wrote:

>I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on my
>friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her friends
>list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and over
>until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her
>nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
>finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine where i
>was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he
>came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game. And
>now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to talk
>to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they say
>lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they say no
> I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz they
>were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I
>didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here but I
>didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I guess
>I just have to play in my own games only now.
>
>Kaytie

Hey Kaytie,

Unfortunately some folks have their fun by ruining other people's fun.
Follow the good advice you've received from the good folks here. Use
your squelch and ignore the bad guys if they're in games with you, and
if they hostile you, just leave. That's a bit of a drag, I know, but
if you ignore them long enough you'll spoil THEY'RE fun, and they'll
quit.

Remember a few bad actors can SEEM to spoil everything, but I feel
confident that most of the folks you'll find in agd games will be fair
at least, often generous, fun mostly, and sometimes pretty wacky. So
make the effort to ignore and avoid the few bad actors so you can
enjoy the good game play and excellent company in agd games.

And remember if some of the good folks decide to take up your defense
and give those bad actors a taste of their own medicine, let them.
You're not responsible. Besides, it is after all JUST a taste of
their own medicine, nothing unfair.

Happy Hunting!
jeffo

Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:53:19 GMT, "Mark" <mteNO@earthlinkSPAM.net>
wrote:

>"Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Killing this clown is almost enough incentive to make me start a ladder
>> character.
>
>I vote that the group rush a character and donate equipment so Shiflet can
>assume the role of 'AGD Bouncer' to deal with such situations. I'm not sure
>what ladder equipment I still have floating around on West, but see Orion
>Ryder for access to my accounts and help yourself to anything you'd like.

SaaaaWEET! Ha ha funny!

Do it Shiffy! If I HAD anything to donate (don't play anymore) I
definitely would!

Thanks
jeffo

Justin

"KaytieKat" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
>I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on
>my
> friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her
> friends
> list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and
> over
> until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked
> her
> nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
> finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine
> where i
> was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian
> and he
> came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game.
> And
> now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to
> talk
> to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they
> say
> lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they
> say no
> I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz
> they
> were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games.
> didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here
> but I
> didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I
> guess
> I just have to play in my own games only now.
>
> Kaytie

I was in an AGD game this morning and they showed up. There were three of
them, the other one they called "yo-yo" I believe. (I didn't catch the acct
name)

I asked them if they were the ones causing trouble in AGD games, and they
denied it (with CAPS too, so they weren't lying!)

The Dingo girl says she just comes to the games to get items from around the
fire.

They then went out into the Blood Moor, and starting dueling each other, not
sure who won.

Like everyone else has said Kaytie, don't let these goofballs get to you.

Justin

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:03:45 +1300, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
wrote:

>I've never done PvP before, this could be fun. I think my necro up against
>him should be about right.
>--
>~misfit~

My first (and only) PvP experience certainly was ;-) This was back in
1.09, before there were agd games, and some turkey came into a game I
created and hostiled me (and everyone else in the game). I was trying
to level Rings-n-Thngs at the time, IIRC, she was somewhere in the
upper teens, so she quickly headed back to town. I asked him nicely to
leave, he just kept taunting me, trying to get me to come out and
fight him (he was a low-level-30-something, I don't remember which
character). Finally, after waiting about 10 minutes for him to tire of
this and leave, I told him that I wouldn't fight him with this
character, but I had one I *would* fight him with, and when he agreed
I left and brought back in SisWest (level 56, again IIRC).

I headed out into the Blood Moors and told him where I was. Sure
enough, he hostiled me and came out. The best comment was the first,
as he was dying for the first time: "Hey, no fair, no more than 1!"
(he was trying to attack my Decoy, I'm not sure if he was referring to
her or the Valk or the Rogue). After about 6 kills (some people never
learn), I actually let him get his corpse back (you only had one in
1.09) before killing him again (one-shot each time, level 20 Guided
was a thing of beauty back then). After a couple more deaths,
including at least one more time when I let him get his corpse
(thinking he *might* leave once he did, but he wasn't that bright), he
*finally* got the message and left the game. I brought Rings-n-Thngs
back into the game and continued on my merry way ;-)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> If you can get a character rushed

I probably could, but I just don't have the patience to level another guy on
my own right now.

> I can lend you an HoZ, a Stormlash, and a
> GA. It's not everything but it's a start. I probably have other stuff you
> could use too. I just found an ammy with res all +12 an 24 lvl 2 teleport
> charges. <g>.

If I were to join ladder, I'd definitely prefer to be another charge/smite
pally...but no Stormlash for me. It's stunning as a PvM weapon(my fave,
actually), but for killing another player, which would be my main reason to
join, I'd need something else. Lacerator, eth preferably, or even better, a
Grief if I could get ahold of one. Other options for my build would be a
Doom zerker axe or Astreons. And none of those weapons are exactly the
cheapest ones around. GA has it's uses, though I'd probably aim for a
Duress(or if I could manage, a Fortitude). Dracs of course, and Verdungo's
would be desired, Ravefrost and Highlords would be a must haves and while
CoA is my ideal helm, I don't even have one of those off ladder, so sticking
with a Shako would be okay. HoZ would be ideal, though I'd probably need it
upped. Other stuff would depend on just what sort of build I was going up
against.

And this is the other reason why I won't start a ladder character, I
appreciate the offers of gear, but if I'm outfitting what amounts to a hired
assassin, expensive gear is rather essential. I could do fine mimicing my
non-ladder pally setup, but even that requires upped pdiamond HoZ, Duress,
eth Lacerator, Ravenfrost, Highlords, VERY nice rare ring, Drac's,
Verdungos, Um'ed shako, Widowmaker, Anni, and an assortment of damage/life
charms. This is the reason I don't play ladder now...the level of gear I
consider necessary to enjoy playing my characters(particularly in a PvP
environment) is very high level expensive gear. I can get most of what I'd
want off ladder, but not on.

> Understood. I'll kill the little bitch myself then.

Hehehe, have fun!

What sorta character is he usually in there with, the Trang's necro? If he's
a caster, well...okay, I hope he's not dumb enough to use full Trang's on a
caster. If he's a summoner, different tactics will be needed to kill him,
though without teleport summoners are pretty vulnerable in PvP.

Darrel Hoffman wrote:
> > You *do* know about the /squelch command, right? That might help
> > you take care of dingogirl.
>
> Even better - Use the /dnd command with an appropriate message, and
> it will automatically respond every time they msg you. I like to
> use something like this:
>
> /dnd I'm just in DND mode right now because some people haven't
> figured out that using the "/f m" command is annoying and rude.

It doesn't work if they just do a /f m, only when they whisper you
directly.

> > Even better - Use the /dnd command with an appropriate message, and
> > it will automatically respond every time they msg you. I like to
> > use something like this:
> >
> > /dnd I'm just in DND mode right now because some people haven't
> > figured out that using the "/f m" command is annoying and rude.
>
> It doesn't work if they just do a /f m, only when they whisper you
> directly.

Really? Damn. Is that a change they made, or did it never work? It's
really a shame, as there needs to be some way of discouraging people from
inappropriate use of /f m. Maybe the /m %fX thing needs to be more
prominantly documented or something. Some sort of general announcement
should be made about it, because it would give /f m'ers no excuse anymore
for being so annoying. Alternatively, it should be possible to remove
yourself from another player's /f list if they're being annoying. /squelch
isn't enough, as you have to redo it every time you enter a game. (Or is it
every time you login? Either way, annoying.) Also, they should crack down
on those b.net spam-bots. I once stepped into a public channel for a few
seconds, and had a spam-bot following me around /w'ing me for hours about
some new duping scheme. (A screenshot got sent to Blizzard, but I never
heard back from them...)

mark

> > I can lend you an HoZ, a Stormlash, and a
> > GA. It's not everything but it's a start. I probably have other stuff
you
> > could use too. I just found an ammy with res all +12 an 24 lvl 2
teleport
> > charges. <g>.
>
> If I were to join ladder, I'd definitely prefer to be another charge/smite
> pally...

I nominated you for AGD Bouncer because of your PvP experience. But you've
got to realize you're not going to be going up against another skilled
dueler. We're talking about an annoying twit here, you could probably bitch
slap them with a mid level character in budget gear. A character like that
could be put together quite quickly and easily.

> I nominated you for AGD Bouncer because of your PvP experience. But you've
> got to realize you're not going to be going up against another skilled
> dueler. We're talking about an annoying twit here, you could probably
bitch
> slap them with a mid level character in budget gear. A character like that
> could be put together quite quickly and easily.

You're probably right, though if his necro is a bone nec or uses bone
skills, 1 hit kills are important, as bone spirit is VERY dangerous. At
least he can't spam them like a real one though.

On 8 Jan 2005 22:26:57 -0800, "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote:

>~misfit~ wrote:
>> Chris Lansdell wrote:
>
>> > What bug?
>>
>> The bug that makes cast rate considerably slower than what it should
>be
>> going by the sum of the parts. I thought everybody knew about it. I
>mean, I
>> have the whole TO's set but *I* wouldn't wear it other than to pose.
>It's
>> demonstrably different. Put all but one piece on, cast a few spells.
>Put the
>> last piece on, cast a few spells. You'll probably have time to make a
>coffee
>> in the extra time it takes.
>>
>I think if you necro is a pure zoomaster (well, with CE of course),
>FCR is not too important, is it?

Not in PvP, at any rate...

-- Roy L

<royls@telus.net> wrote in message news:41e16d3e.1449336@news.telus.net...
> >I think if you necro is a pure zoomaster (well, with CE of course),
> >FCR is not too important, is it?
>
> Not in PvP, at any rate...

Actually, a summoner without teleport isn't too good in PvP...and if you do
teleport, you really do need at least 75% FCR.

> -- Roy L

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 00:15:52 +1300, "~misfit~"
<misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote:

>Indeed lvl 20 guided was a thing of beauty. I didn't realise it had been
>nerfed and my first 1.10 character was/is a zon, Felice, who has stalled at
>clvl 52 for want of an attack.
>
>I used to use maxed guided, pierce, and Burrito and just watch those arrows
>to lvl 98 with that one, she sure was fun to play. Found me around 100 mules
>worth of gear too.
>--
>~misfit~

Well, not like I'm an advocate of it or anything <g>, but Strafe is
still a very useable main attack, *if* you don't let yourself get hit
while doing it. There's now some "feature" where, if you *do* get hit,
the Strafe graphic continues to generate, and the arrows fly, but they
don't do any damage which means you don't leech :-( But I made a
Matriarch, with a *lot* of help from Stephen (mostly) and Dalai on the
last ladder, and have one on the current ladder who's only one good
game from Matriarch status, both relying heavily on that old standby.
My regular Diablo SP Strafeazon (level 50) is suffering badly from
lack of resists, despite my working constantly on it, in Act 2/NM, but
all my other Bowazons are either using it to unbelievably good results
(level 48 in AR, getting ready to finish up Act 3/Normal and managed
to off one of the Champion Diablos when she got one alone in her last
game) or are planning on using it when they get it (Nez and Gemstone).