guess I cant go to agd games anymore :(

I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on my
friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her friends
list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and over
until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her
nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine where i
was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he
came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game. And
now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to talk
to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they say
lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they say no
I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz they
were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I
didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here but I
didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I guess
I just have to play in my own games only now.

Kaytie
34 answers Last reply
More about guess games anymore

    On 07 Jan 2005 23:34:24 GMT, kaytiekat@aol.com (KaytieKat) wrote:

    >I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on my
    >friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her friends
    >list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and over
    >until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her
    >nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
    >finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine where i
    >was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he
    >came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game. And
    >now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to talk
    >to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they say
    >lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they say no
    > I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz they
    >were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I
    >didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here but I
    >didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I guess
    >I just have to play in my own games only now.
    >
    >Kaytie

    Kaytie, this is just *so* not right! First of all, no one owns the agd
    games, it really doesn't matter who's there first as we all come and
    go from there (well, *when* we can connect to BattleNet, but that's
    another story). Second, in the Normal level game, half the time most
    of the characters in there aren't even really there, they're just
    burning in mules (something I *definitely* don't object to, btw, they
    add to the experience I get so the more the merrier as far as I'm
    concerned), or muling, or just dropping stuff off for other people.
    Unless things have changed drastically in the week or so since I've
    been in the agd games, it sounds like you just caught a bad crowd in
    there, I don't want to speak for others but I've never seen *anything*
    like this attitude in the agd games, at any difficulty. Besides, if
    you stay out of the games I won't have a chance to meet you there
    again, when I get my problems ironed out ;-)

    You *do* know about the /squelch command, right? That might help you
    take care of dingogirl.

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    KaytieKat wrote:

    > I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on my
    > friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her friends
    > list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and over
    > until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her
    > nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
    > finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine where i
    > was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he
    > came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game. And
    > now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to talk
    > to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they say
    > lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they say no
    > I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz they
    > were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I
    > didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here but I
    > didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I guess
    > I just have to play in my own games only now.

    I've had some annoying people in my own friends lists too. I'm always
    causious to put people in it, but once in a while someone slips through.
    It doesn't have to be too bad though. Just don't add those people when
    (if) you make a new account. As for joinging agd games... do they know
    all about agd games? Because if you remove them from your list (/f r
    account_name) they can't see the names of passworded games anymore. If
    they know you usually hang out in agd games that might not work though.

    If they do follow you around into agd games, I can't really give you
    much advise. Depends mostly on the people who still play I guess. ;-)
    But... all those agd loonies can scare some annoying brat away quite
    quickly I'd say. They seem to do so without trying, so if they put their
    minds to it they should be able to put those annoying people in a mental
    institution. (This, by the way, is a compliment to all you nuts :-)

    If they truly won't leave you alone... well... when I get angry I
    transform into this weird terminator-like guy with golden hair growing
    down my back, my eyes turn red, horns grow out of my forehead and stuff.
    I'd set up a spambot or two to spam them to death. Of course, I can't
    recommend that to anyone. It's very naughty and stuff. :-D

    Sjoerd

    > You *do* know about the /squelch command, right? That might help you
    > take care of dingogirl.

    Even better - Use the /dnd command with an appropriate message, and it will
    automatically respond every time they msg you. I like to use something like
    this:

    /dnd I'm just in DND mode right now because some people haven't figured out
    that using the "/f m" command is annoying and rude. Perhaps if they knew
    that you could just type "/m %fX" to talk to just one person on their
    friends list instead of the whole list, I might not feel the need to resort
    to such drastic measures, but as it is, I need to do something to counteract
    the flood of annoyances coming from these people, so I'm using this message
    to spread the word to those who for whatever reason feel they must annoy
    everybody on their list every time they want to tell their friends where the
    stairs are.

    Copy this or something like it into a text file so you don't have to re-type
    it every time this happens to you. Every time they message you or their
    entire list, they will have this huge paragraph of text appear on their
    screen, blocking everything. Eventually, anybody that uses "/f m" on you
    will either learn the proper syntax for messaging just 1 friend at a time,
    or they will remove you from their friends list. Either way, you win. Just
    get rid of the /dnd message after they stop bothering you or all your actual
    friends will start to get annoyed as well...

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 01:40:01 -0500, "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>
    wrote:

    >Even better - Use the /dnd command with an appropriate message, and it will
    >automatically respond every time they msg you. I like to use something like
    >this:
    >
    >/dnd I'm just in DND mode right now because some people haven't figured out
    >that using the "/f m" command is annoying and rude. Perhaps if they knew
    >that you could just type "/m %fX" to talk to just one person on their
    >friends list instead of the whole list, I might not feel the need to resort
    >to such drastic measures, but as it is, I need to do something to counteract
    >the flood of annoyances coming from these people, so I'm using this message
    >to spread the word to those who for whatever reason feel they must annoy
    >everybody on their list every time they want to tell their friends where the
    >stairs are.
    >
    >Copy this or something like it into a text file so you don't have to re-type
    >it every time this happens to you. Every time they message you or their
    >entire list, they will have this huge paragraph of text appear on their
    >screen, blocking everything. Eventually, anybody that uses "/f m" on you
    >will either learn the proper syntax for messaging just 1 friend at a time,
    >or they will remove you from their friends list. Either way, you win. Just
    >get rid of the /dnd message after they stop bothering you or all your actual
    >friends will start to get annoyed as well...

    Ok, I have obviously not spent *near* enough time on BNut, as I'd
    completely forgotten about that command. *Great* idea, if I ever run
    into a situation like this I'll have to remember it ;-)

    "KaytieKat" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on
    >my
    > friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her
    > friends
    > list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and
    > over
    > until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked
    > her
    > nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
    > finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine
    > where i
    > was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian
    > and he
    > came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game.
    > And
    > now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to
    > talk
    > to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they
    > say
    > lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they
    > say no
    > I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz
    > they
    > were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games.
    > didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here
    > but I
    > didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I
    > guess
    > I just have to play in my own games only now.
    >
    > Kaytie
    Please dont leave the agd games Kaytie
    I just joined an agd game and dingogirl was there with a name I recognized
    from earlier bad behaviour, Pjkellog. they also repeated messages so I
    sqelched them.They left and came back to the act I was in then talked about
    some hack and can you make him drop it then left for a private game so they
    are probably cheaters.
    If they still behave badly to you take a srceen shot so you have the account
    name and let your friends knowbut plaese dont laeve because of them
    Cheers Al

    Mark wrote:
    > "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Killing this clown is almost enough incentive to make me start a
    ladder
    > > character.
    >
    > I vote that the group rush a character and donate equipment so
    Shiflet can
    > assume the role of 'AGD Bouncer' to deal with such situations. I'm
    not sure
    > what ladder equipment I still have floating around on West, but see
    Orion
    > Ryder for access to my accounts and help yourself to anything you'd
    like.

    > Regards-
    > Mark
    >
    > Bongo-Fury

    I second that! I have starting - mid level items if Shiflet wants to
    make the move to ladder. The rushing part will have to be someone more
    capable than me though :) Also 2 NL high runes = 1 ladder Ist, I can
    probably help you make the trade as well.

    Kaytie, I think the command you are looking for is /o igw
    That blocks whispers from every one not on your friend list.
    But yes, while in game you still need to squelch them everytime.

    If they are too annoying to you, I or most of other AGD'er will be able
    to help you transferring items.

    I never hostile anybody, but there are already a number of people who
    can't wait to sell Hells_Gaurdian's ears :)

    KaytieKat wrote:
    > I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put
    > her on my friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone
    > one on her friends list ait was funny at first but she would type the
    > same sentence over and over until it fill up my screen and I couldnt
    > play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her nice to please not broadcast or
    > take me off her list but she got mad. She finally said ok but then
    > when I invite her into a private game of mine where i was leveling my
    > amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he came
    > in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game.
    > And now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling
    > at me to talk to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me
    > alone. Then they say lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to
    > please leave me alone they say no I said great I cant even go into
    > agd games now and they said it was cuz they were in agd games first.
    > I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I didnt tell anyone
    > first time but one person and she said to post in here but I didnt
    > want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I
    > guess I just have to play in my own games only now.
    >
    > Kaytie

    Ok, these people have a fairly short attention span so if you create a
    second account it gives you a chance to try some new characters (always a
    good thing) :) and in a week or too, they will probably be asking who you
    are when they get a message about this account entering a game, and if your
    worried about not having access to items, you can always grab a regular to
    sit in a game while you mule items between your current account and your new
    account (just make sure you use a different password than normal)

    Craig

    Mark wrote:
    > "KaytieKat" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > ... type the same sentence over and over
    > > until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see...
    >
    > If there's ever too much text on the screen for you, type 'n' and it
    will
    > clear it.
    >
    > Regards-
    > Mark
    >
    > Bongo-Fury

    Howdee do Bongo.

    I saw your post up there and now I know that the gear in those accounts
    are made available if need be.

    People know when I am on and how to reach me. Matter of fact I'll look
    again at the gear tomorrow morn cuz I really did not look much at any
    ladder gear. Most of your chars got yanked into NL. All of my current
    ladder chars already had gear in my accounts so I did not go searching
    through every single char. I just primarily wanted to gear up my last
    NL barb.

    Siflet post the kind of build you might want to do so everyone can get
    started supplying if need be.

    Kaytie I admire that you don't want all kinds of trouble going on. Keep
    in mind that this person has rocked the boat for many here and now it
    is getting to a point where the agd game is just not an agd game
    anymore.

    Orion Ryder

    "Mark" <mteNO@earthlinkSPAM.net> wrote in message

    > I vote that the group rush a character and donate equipment so Shiflet can
    > assume the role of 'AGD Bouncer' to deal with such situations. I'm not
    sure
    > what ladder equipment I still have floating around on West, but see Orion
    > Ryder for access to my accounts and help yourself to anything you'd like.

    Hahaha, I've never taken contracts on a character before, that would be a
    first, LOL.

    > Regards-
    > Mark
    >
    > Bongo-Fury

    On 07 Jan 2005 23:34:24 GMT, kaytiekat@aol.com (KaytieKat) wrote:

    >I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on my
    >friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her friends
    >list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and over
    >until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked her
    >nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
    >finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine where i
    >was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian and he
    >came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game. And
    >now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to talk
    >to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they say
    >lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they say no
    > I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz they
    >were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games. I
    >didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here but I
    >didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I guess
    >I just have to play in my own games only now.
    >
    >Kaytie

    Hey Kaytie,

    Unfortunately some folks have their fun by ruining other people's fun.
    Follow the good advice you've received from the good folks here. Use
    your squelch and ignore the bad guys if they're in games with you, and
    if they hostile you, just leave. That's a bit of a drag, I know, but
    if you ignore them long enough you'll spoil THEY'RE fun, and they'll
    quit.

    Remember a few bad actors can SEEM to spoil everything, but I feel
    confident that most of the folks you'll find in agd games will be fair
    at least, often generous, fun mostly, and sometimes pretty wacky. So
    make the effort to ignore and avoid the few bad actors so you can
    enjoy the good game play and excellent company in agd games.

    And remember if some of the good folks decide to take up your defense
    and give those bad actors a taste of their own medicine, let them.
    You're not responsible. Besides, it is after all JUST a taste of
    their own medicine, nothing unfair.

    Happy Hunting!
    jeffo

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:53:19 GMT, "Mark" <mteNO@earthlinkSPAM.net>
    wrote:

    >"Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Killing this clown is almost enough incentive to make me start a ladder
    >> character.
    >
    >I vote that the group rush a character and donate equipment so Shiflet can
    >assume the role of 'AGD Bouncer' to deal with such situations. I'm not sure
    >what ladder equipment I still have floating around on West, but see Orion
    >Ryder for access to my accounts and help yourself to anything you'd like.

    SaaaaWEET! Ha ha funny!

    Do it Shiffy! If I HAD anything to donate (don't play anymore) I
    definitely would!

    Thanks
    jeffo

    "KaytieKat" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on
    >my
    > friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her
    > friends
    > list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and
    > over
    > until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked
    > her
    > nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
    > finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine
    > where i
    > was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian
    > and he
    > came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game.
    > And
    > now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to
    > talk
    > to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they
    > say
    > lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they
    > say no
    > I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz
    > they
    > were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games.
    > didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here
    > but I
    > didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I
    > guess
    > I just have to play in my own games only now.
    >
    > Kaytie

    I was in an AGD game this morning and they showed up. There were three of
    them, the other one they called "yo-yo" I believe. (I didn't catch the acct
    name)

    I asked them if they were the ones causing trouble in AGD games, and they
    denied it (with CAPS too, so they weren't lying!)

    The Dingo girl says she just comes to the games to get items from around the
    fire.

    They then went out into the Blood Moor, and starting dueling each other, not
    sure who won.

    Like everyone else has said Kaytie, don't let these goofballs get to you.

    Justin

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:03:45 +1300, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
    wrote:

    >I've never done PvP before, this could be fun. I think my necro up against
    >him should be about right.
    >--
    >~misfit~

    My first (and only) PvP experience certainly was ;-) This was back in
    1.09, before there were agd games, and some turkey came into a game I
    created and hostiled me (and everyone else in the game). I was trying
    to level Rings-n-Thngs at the time, IIRC, she was somewhere in the
    upper teens, so she quickly headed back to town. I asked him nicely to
    leave, he just kept taunting me, trying to get me to come out and
    fight him (he was a low-level-30-something, I don't remember which
    character). Finally, after waiting about 10 minutes for him to tire of
    this and leave, I told him that I wouldn't fight him with this
    character, but I had one I *would* fight him with, and when he agreed
    I left and brought back in SisWest (level 56, again IIRC).

    I headed out into the Blood Moors and told him where I was. Sure
    enough, he hostiled me and came out. The best comment was the first,
    as he was dying for the first time: "Hey, no fair, no more than 1!"
    (he was trying to attack my Decoy, I'm not sure if he was referring to
    her or the Valk or the Rogue). After about 6 kills (some people never
    learn), I actually let him get his corpse back (you only had one in
    1.09) before killing him again (one-shot each time, level 20 Guided
    was a thing of beauty back then). After a couple more deaths,
    including at least one more time when I let him get his corpse
    (thinking he *might* leave once he did, but he wasn't that bright), he
    *finally* got the message and left the game. I brought Rings-n-Thngs
    back into the game and continued on my merry way ;-)

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    > If you can get a character rushed

    I probably could, but I just don't have the patience to level another guy on
    my own right now.

    > I can lend you an HoZ, a Stormlash, and a
    > GA. It's not everything but it's a start. I probably have other stuff you
    > could use too. I just found an ammy with res all +12 an 24 lvl 2 teleport
    > charges. <g>.

    If I were to join ladder, I'd definitely prefer to be another charge/smite
    pally...but no Stormlash for me. It's stunning as a PvM weapon(my fave,
    actually), but for killing another player, which would be my main reason to
    join, I'd need something else. Lacerator, eth preferably, or even better, a
    Grief if I could get ahold of one. Other options for my build would be a
    Doom zerker axe or Astreons. And none of those weapons are exactly the
    cheapest ones around. GA has it's uses, though I'd probably aim for a
    Duress(or if I could manage, a Fortitude). Dracs of course, and Verdungo's
    would be desired, Ravefrost and Highlords would be a must haves and while
    CoA is my ideal helm, I don't even have one of those off ladder, so sticking
    with a Shako would be okay. HoZ would be ideal, though I'd probably need it
    upped. Other stuff would depend on just what sort of build I was going up
    against.

    And this is the other reason why I won't start a ladder character, I
    appreciate the offers of gear, but if I'm outfitting what amounts to a hired
    assassin, expensive gear is rather essential. I could do fine mimicing my
    non-ladder pally setup, but even that requires upped pdiamond HoZ, Duress,
    eth Lacerator, Ravenfrost, Highlords, VERY nice rare ring, Drac's,
    Verdungos, Um'ed shako, Widowmaker, Anni, and an assortment of damage/life
    charms. This is the reason I don't play ladder now...the level of gear I
    consider necessary to enjoy playing my characters(particularly in a PvP
    environment) is very high level expensive gear. I can get most of what I'd
    want off ladder, but not on.

    > Understood. I'll kill the little bitch myself then.

    Hehehe, have fun!

    What sorta character is he usually in there with, the Trang's necro? If he's
    a caster, well...okay, I hope he's not dumb enough to use full Trang's on a
    caster. If he's a summoner, different tactics will be needed to kill him,
    though without teleport summoners are pretty vulnerable in PvP.

    Darrel Hoffman wrote:
    > > You *do* know about the /squelch command, right? That might help
    > > you take care of dingogirl.
    >
    > Even better - Use the /dnd command with an appropriate message, and
    > it will automatically respond every time they msg you. I like to
    > use something like this:
    >
    > /dnd I'm just in DND mode right now because some people haven't
    > figured out that using the "/f m" command is annoying and rude.

    It doesn't work if they just do a /f m, only when they whisper you
    directly.

    > > Even better - Use the /dnd command with an appropriate message, and
    > > it will automatically respond every time they msg you. I like to
    > > use something like this:
    > >
    > > /dnd I'm just in DND mode right now because some people haven't
    > > figured out that using the "/f m" command is annoying and rude.
    >
    > It doesn't work if they just do a /f m, only when they whisper you
    > directly.

    Really? Damn. Is that a change they made, or did it never work? It's
    really a shame, as there needs to be some way of discouraging people from
    inappropriate use of /f m. Maybe the /m %fX thing needs to be more
    prominantly documented or something. Some sort of general announcement
    should be made about it, because it would give /f m'ers no excuse anymore
    for being so annoying. Alternatively, it should be possible to remove
    yourself from another player's /f list if they're being annoying. /squelch
    isn't enough, as you have to redo it every time you enter a game. (Or is it
    every time you login? Either way, annoying.) Also, they should crack down
    on those b.net spam-bots. I once stepped into a public channel for a few
    seconds, and had a spam-bot following me around /w'ing me for hours about
    some new duping scheme. (A screenshot got sent to Blizzard, but I never
    heard back from them...)

    > > I can lend you an HoZ, a Stormlash, and a
    > > GA. It's not everything but it's a start. I probably have other stuff
    you
    > > could use too. I just found an ammy with res all +12 an 24 lvl 2
    teleport
    > > charges. <g>.
    >
    > If I were to join ladder, I'd definitely prefer to be another charge/smite
    > pally...

    I nominated you for AGD Bouncer because of your PvP experience. But you've
    got to realize you're not going to be going up against another skilled
    dueler. We're talking about an annoying twit here, you could probably bitch
    slap them with a mid level character in budget gear. A character like that
    could be put together quite quickly and easily.

    > I nominated you for AGD Bouncer because of your PvP experience. But you've
    > got to realize you're not going to be going up against another skilled
    > dueler. We're talking about an annoying twit here, you could probably
    bitch
    > slap them with a mid level character in budget gear. A character like that
    > could be put together quite quickly and easily.

    You're probably right, though if his necro is a bone nec or uses bone
    skills, 1 hit kills are important, as bone spirit is VERY dangerous. At
    least he can't spam them like a real one though.

    On 8 Jan 2005 22:26:57 -0800, "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Chris Lansdell wrote:
    >
    >> > What bug?
    >>
    >> The bug that makes cast rate considerably slower than what it should
    >be
    >> going by the sum of the parts. I thought everybody knew about it. I
    >mean, I
    >> have the whole TO's set but *I* wouldn't wear it other than to pose.
    >It's
    >> demonstrably different. Put all but one piece on, cast a few spells.
    >Put the
    >> last piece on, cast a few spells. You'll probably have time to make a
    >coffee
    >> in the extra time it takes.
    >>
    >I think if you necro is a pure zoomaster (well, with CE of course),
    >FCR is not too important, is it?

    Not in PvP, at any rate...

    -- Roy L

    <royls@telus.net> wrote in message news:41e16d3e.1449336@news.telus.net...
    > >I think if you necro is a pure zoomaster (well, with CE of course),
    > >FCR is not too important, is it?
    >
    > Not in PvP, at any rate...

    Actually, a summoner without teleport isn't too good in PvP...and if you do
    teleport, you really do need at least 75% FCR.

    > -- Roy L

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 00:15:52 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote:

    >Indeed lvl 20 guided was a thing of beauty. I didn't realise it had been
    >nerfed and my first 1.10 character was/is a zon, Felice, who has stalled at
    >clvl 52 for want of an attack.
    >
    >I used to use maxed guided, pierce, and Burrito and just watch those arrows
    >to lvl 98 with that one, she sure was fun to play. Found me around 100 mules
    >worth of gear too.
    >--
    >~misfit~

    Well, not like I'm an advocate of it or anything <g>, but Strafe is
    still a very useable main attack, *if* you don't let yourself get hit
    while doing it. There's now some "feature" where, if you *do* get hit,
    the Strafe graphic continues to generate, and the arrows fly, but they
    don't do any damage which means you don't leech :-( But I made a
    Matriarch, with a *lot* of help from Stephen (mostly) and Dalai on the
    last ladder, and have one on the current ladder who's only one good
    game from Matriarch status, both relying heavily on that old standby.
    My regular Diablo SP Strafeazon (level 50) is suffering badly from
    lack of resists, despite my working constantly on it, in Act 2/NM, but
    all my other Bowazons are either using it to unbelievably good results
    (level 48 in AR, getting ready to finish up Act 3/Normal and managed
    to off one of the Champion Diablos when she got one alone in her last
    game) or are planning on using it when they get it (Nez and Gemstone).

    On that special day, ald, (103175.3500@compuserve.com) said...

    > My regular Diablo SP Strafeazon (level 50) is suffering badly from
    > lack of resists, despite my working constantly on it,

    I know this problem quite well; my own firestrafer (Blood Ravens Charge
    in cases of physically immunes or lack of mana; else Mavinas in strafe
    mode) can keep herself only in the positive numbers in hell, by wearing
    a Gloom armour and two all resists rings. It still isn't very
    impressive, though. And my conc merc is way too often dieing.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    --
    Fuchsia, SP, lvl 75 firestrafer

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:30:07 +0100, Gabriele Neukam
    <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote:

    >I know this problem quite well; my own firestrafer (Blood Ravens Charge
    >in cases of physically immunes or lack of mana; else Mavinas in strafe
    >mode) can keep herself only in the positive numbers in hell, by wearing
    >a Gloom armour and two all resists rings. It still isn't very
    >impressive, though. And my conc merc is way too often dieing.
    >

    >Gabriele Neukam

    Aye, that's one of the reasons why I love playing AR. With Malah (sp?)
    constantly giving you another scroll of resistance, you can make as
    many 25% resist all grand charms as you want, so resistances are never
    a problem ;-)

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    Just put the offending person on ignore and be done with them.

    Max

    The do the IGW thing, and ignore whispers from anyone not on your
    friends list. This persists through sessions.

    Max

    "Max" <maxterry@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Just put the offending person on ignore and be done with them.

    You have to reset squelch everytime you log off and back on though, she was
    looking for a permanent solution.

    > The do the IGW thing, and ignore whispers from anyone not on your
    > friends list. This persists through sessions.

    That was my suggestion too, but she doesn't want to ignore all whispers from
    people not on her friends list, either.

    > However if he's a dueler the chances are he isn't a summoner

    Summoners are deadly in duels, IF they can teleport. But since full Trangs
    means no Enigma, he can't teleport without a teleport ammy...and a PvP
    telesummoner needs fast cast anyways, so yep, full Trang's nec is not a PvP
    suitable build.

    > --
    > ~misfit~

    "KaytieKat" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put her on
    >my
    > friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on her
    > friends
    > list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence over and
    > over
    > until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I asked
    > her
    > nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got mad. She
    > finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private game of mine
    > where i
    > was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called hellsguardian
    > and he
    > came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my game.
    > And
    > now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at me to
    > talk
    > to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then they
    > say
    > lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone they
    > say no
    > I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was cuz
    > they
    > were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd games.
    > didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in here
    > but I
    > didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to do. I
    > guess
    > I just have to play in my own games only now.
    >
    > Kaytie

    call me :) I'll rid the world of idiocy once more

    Thanks,

    Brandon

    *n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)

    0@compuserve.com wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:30:07 +0100, Gabriele Neukam
    > <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote:
    > >I know this problem quite well; my own firestrafer (Blood Ravens Charge
    > >in cases of physically immunes or lack of mana; else Mavinas in strafe
    > >mode) can keep herself only in the positive numbers in hell, by wearing
    > >a Gloom armour and two all resists rings. It still isn't very
    > >impressive, though. And my conc merc is way too often dieing.
    > >

    > >Gabriele Neukam
    > Aye, that's one of the reasons why I love playing AR. With Malah (sp?)
    > constantly giving you another scroll of resistance, you can make as
    > many 25% resist all grand charms as you want, so resistances are never
    > a problem ;-)
    > ald
    > "Knowledge is Power"
    > VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    > Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    > Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    > Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    > Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    > Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    > Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    > Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    > Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    > Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    > BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    > Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    > Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    > CotSRSig #16

    Did the job

    fletcher_smith@duskmail.com

    > n2trains wrote:
    >> "KaytieKat" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>> I met someone named dingogirl there I thought she was nice and put
    >>> her on my
    >>> friends list. But when she chats she broadcasts to everyone one on
    >>> her friends
    >>> list ait was funny at first but she would type the same sentence
    >>> over and over
    >>> until it fill up my screen and I couldnt play cuz I couldnt see. I
    >>> asked her
    >>> nice to please not broadcast or take me off her list but she got
    >>> mad. She finally said ok but then when I invite her into a private
    >>> game of mine where i
    >>> was leveling my amazon she gave password to a necro called
    >>> hellsguardian and he
    >>> came in and hostiled me. I didnt know what to do so I just left my
    >>> game. And
    >>> now when I went into agd just to move some gems they kept yelling at
    >>> me to talk
    >>> to to them I tried to ignore but they wouldnt leave me alone. Then
    >>> they say
    >>> lets kill her and hostile me there. I said to please leave me alone
    >>> they say no
    >>> I said great I cant even go into agd games now and they said it was
    >>> cuz they
    >>> were in agd games first. I dont know what to do cept not go to agd
    >>> games. I
    >>> didnt tell anyone first time but one person and she said to post in
    >>> here but I
    >>> didnt want to but they wont leave me alone and I dont know what to
    >>> do. I guess
    >>> I just have to play in my own games only now.
    >>>
    >>> Kaytie
    >>
    >> call me :) I'll rid the world of idiocy once more
    >
    > Good to have you back Brandon. You probably don't know me, I've been
    > lurking
    > since '01, posting very infrequently since '02 but have only been playing
    > on-line for the last few months. I'd remained with 1.09 Gemstone until
    > then.
    > Recently I've been a fairly prolific poster. :-)
    >
    > Anyway, I recognise you from before, thought I'd give you a "welcome
    > back".
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Glad to see you're still around and kickin

    msg me anytime

    Thanks,

    Brandon

    *n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)