blachy1

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2002
Hello

I have got mainboard Microstar MS6153 socket 370 on Bx chip. I have got Celeron 366@550 and I want to upgrade my processor. I have big problem. I want to put into my mainboard Celeron 800 or even 1100 Copermine. I don’t know if it will work. On Microstar’s website I found that the fastest processor I am able to install is Celeron 766. I upgraded my bios. What is more I found on MSI website information that one bios “Fixed wrong CPU frequency display if the clock is over 999MHz” So, it is possible to install something more than 766 Mhz. I don’t know what to do. I don’t have enough money to buy new mainboard and processor.
Thanks for answers

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think the keys would be can you get the voltage down into the 1.7v core range and do you have a way to set the FSB to 100 MHz.? I agree with you, the MSI web site is a little unclear on these matters.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

blachy1

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2002
Of course I am able to set the FSB to 100Mhz, even to 133Mhz. I think my mainboard can manage with 1,7v core.
Is it possible to burn processor when I put it into my board?

omeryounos

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2001
it works fine.I ve tried it for one year w/o any problem.Then afterwards a cppermine 1000mhz celeron 128k cache also works fine.

blachy1

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2002
Should I buy this processor (Cel 1000Mhz Copermine) without any concerns? Just please tell me that this processor will work fine on my motherboard MS 6153. Are you one hundred percent sure it will work?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
D00D LISTEN!!! If your board supports the 766, it supports the 800, 850, 900, 1000...It supports ALL Coppermine CPU's, even the PIII 1000EB. Now, Celerons are also available at 1GHz and up as Tualatins, which won't work without a special Tualatin adapter. All Celeron Tualatins are 256k, all Coppermine Celerons are 128k, so it's easy to tell the difference.

So how do I know it will work? Because the 766 is also a Coppermine! In fact, ALL Celerons faster than 533MHz are Coppermine, except for the latest Tualatins. And coppermine is coppermine, if one works they all work. The only difference, the multiplier, is built into the CPU, so you don't even need to worry about that part.

The only reason some BX boards don't work with ANY coppermine at first is because the OLDEST BX boards didn't support voltages of less than 1.80v. But since the 766 is a Coppermine, it has that lower voltage. So if the 766 works, they all work.

What happens with board manufacturers is that they only list the latest processors available at the time they tested the board. Once the board is no longer a current product, they no longer update their compatability list.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>