p3v4x-can not instal PCI card

excite

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2002
help.
Blue stop screen everytime unless I unplug the Adaptec AUA-3121 DuoConnect PCI card. it just wont le PCI card in.
My motherboard is asus P3v4x.
the error message is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Acturally The nightmare began with the installation of Cendyne CD-RW Drive. I made a mistake to install the 32* CDRW while power was on. Then the blue screen became to appear, so I got a new CDRW. Then the software problem. The CDRW come with the nero, while instal,asking me to remove existing direcCD. Then I found , don't know why, the burning speed was very slow, so I remove nero without the disk,using some clean disk software, which gave me error message. .....
Later on, one out of five when I restart the computer, I get blue screen. moreover, the computer at least one time every day automatically start to dump the memory and restart.What can I do?
It bothered me a lot but I still can use the computer. But yesterday, it won't let me plug in the PCI card in a PCI slot. Adaptec AUA-3121 DuoConnect PCI card. I need it to add on firewire ports. everytime waht I got is the blue screen.
Help!!!!!!!!!

Try installing it in a different pci slot. It could be sharing IRQ with another divice.

Most of the time sharing is not a problem. But sometimes for some reason devices do not get along.

Also Install the latest Via 4in1 drivers .

I aint signing nothing!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Anyone who bought into "Intel stability" and paired it with a VIA chipset got ripped off. That particular VIA chipset has nothing going for it: It's a poor performer, often unstable, and has configuration problems like you just described. You may be able to nurse it along by setting PNP OS to NO in BIOS, which allows BIOS to configure the card instead of windows.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>