Window keeps opening

On my XP Home system we have four users.

Each time one of us logs in to his account, Windows Explorer opens
automatically. It is always opened to the same location in the file
structure.

I have looked around to try to find what triggers this, but have been unable
to find it. Can anyone suggest what I might do to keep this from happening,
it is very annoying.

Thank you,

Ted

hi

can u tell which folder is opened when Explorer opens.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Ted Hill" wrote:

> On my XP Home system we have four users.
>
> Each time one of us logs in to his account, Windows Explorer opens
> automatically. It is always opened to the same location in the file
> structure.
>
> I have looked around to try to find what triggers this, but have been unable
> to find it. Can anyone suggest what I might do to keep this from happening,
> it is very annoying.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ted

Yes, I can 'see' the path to the file in the title bar.

My question is, where is this info stored so that I can remove it so it
won't keep happening.

Thanks,

Ted Hill

"M. Rajesh" <mrajesh24_ns@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> can u tell which folder is opened when Explorer opens.
> --
> Regards
> M. Rajesh
> .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> www.winxpsolution.com
>

> "Ted Hill" wrote:
>
> > On my XP Home system we have four users.
> >
> > Each time one of us logs in to his account, Windows Explorer opens
> > automatically. It is always opened to the same location in the file
> > structure.
> >
> > I have looked around to try to find what triggers this, but have been
unable
> > to find it. Can anyone suggest what I might do to keep this from
happening,
> > it is very annoying.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Ted

Ted, I am experiencing the exact same thing. This is very annoying. If you find a solution please let me know.

"Ted Hill" wrote:

> Yes, I can 'see' the path to the file in the title bar.
>
> My question is, where is this info stored so that I can remove it so it
> won't keep happening.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ted Hill
>
> "M. Rajesh" <mrajesh24_ns@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> >
> > can u tell which folder is opened when Explorer opens.
> > --
> > Regards
> > M. Rajesh
> > .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> > www.winxpsolution.com
> >

> > "Ted Hill" wrote:
> >
> > > On my XP Home system we have four users.
> > >
> > > Each time one of us logs in to his account, Windows Explorer opens
> > > automatically. It is always opened to the same location in the file
> > > structure.
> > >
> > > I have looked around to try to find what triggers this, but have been
> unable
> > > to find it. Can anyone suggest what I might do to keep this from
> happening,
> > > it is very annoying.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Ted

DantheMan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hi Ted

First of all have you checked in msconfig under startup? Is it the System32 folder that opens?

Regards

"Dennis E" wrote:

> Ted, I am experiencing the exact same thing. This is very annoying. If you find a solution please let me know.
>
> "Ted Hill" wrote:
>
> > Yes, I can 'see' the path to the file in the title bar.
> >
> > My question is, where is this info stored so that I can remove it so it
> > won't keep happening.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ted Hill
> >
> > "M. Rajesh" <mrajesh24_ns@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > hi
> > >
> > > can u tell which folder is opened when Explorer opens.
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > M. Rajesh
> > > .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> > > www.winxpsolution.com

> > unable
> > happening,

On my machine it is not the system32 folder that opens. The folder that
opens is something like:

Program Files/Microsoft/greetingsworkshop/

I'm on a different machine right now so I don't remember the exact path.

Thanks,

Ted

"Dantheman" <Dantheman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ted
>
> First of all have you checked in msconfig under startup? Is it the
System32 folder that opens?

> Regards
>
> "Dennis E" wrote:
>
> > Ted, I am experiencing the exact same thing. This is very annoying. If
you find a solution please let me know.

> > "Ted Hill" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, I can 'see' the path to the file in the title bar.
> > >
> > > My question is, where is this info stored so that I can remove it so
it
> > > won't keep happening.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Ted Hill
> > >
> > > "M. Rajesh" <mrajesh24_ns@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > unable
> > > happening,

Dan, In my case it is the System32 folder that is opening.