invalid or corrupt file

July 12, 2004 5:50:02 PM

i have been sent a message from a friend . it was data in a zipped folder .when i tried to open it amessage said it was invalid or corrupt. can anyone tell me what i should do?
thanks for any help.

More about : invalid corrupt file

Anonymous
July 12, 2004 8:01:59 PM

Email your friend back and ask what program is required to open the file.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"jean" <jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| i have been sent a message from a friend . it was data in a zipped folder .when i tried to open it amessage
said it was invalid or corrupt. can anyone tell me what i should do?
| thanks for any help.

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 1:06:03 PM

Hi.

Sometimes files get corrupt when you attempt to zip them and they cant be unzipped again.

So request your friend to zip it again and sent to you. This is a common situation which happens often. yours is not the only case.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

!