invalid or corrupt file

i have been sent a message from a friend . it was data in a zipped folder .when i tried to open it amessage said it was invalid or corrupt. can anyone tell me what i should do?
thanks for any help.
2 answers Last reply
More about invalid corrupt file

    Email your friend back and ask what program is required to open the file.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "jean" <jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | i have been sent a message from a friend . it was data in a zipped folder .when i tried to open it amessage
    said it was invalid or corrupt. can anyone tell me what i should do?
    | thanks for any help.

    Hi.

    Sometimes files get corrupt when you attempt to zip them and they cant be unzipped again.

    So request your friend to zip it again and sent to you. This is a common situation which happens often. yours is not the only case.
    --
    Regards
    M. Rajesh

    "jean" wrote:

    > i have been sent a message from a friend . it was data in a zipped folder .when i tried to open it amessage said it was invalid or corrupt. can anyone tell me what i should do?
    > thanks for any help.

Microsoft Windows XP