Lost documents

I downloaded Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition two days
ago. Since then I lost all "My Favorites" and all "My
Documents". Does anyone know why and how I can find them
again.

marionschmidt26@aol.com .

Please! You INSTALL a program from a CD. You DOWNLOAD a program from an
internet web site. Learn the difference!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"marion schmidt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition two days
> ago. Since then I lost all "My Favorites" and all "My
> Documents". Does anyone know why and how I can find them
> again.
>
> marionschmidt26@aol.com .

Hi Marion,

Have you upgraded to XP from Windows 98/ME? With the limited information you've provided, see:

Missing Data or Program Settings After Upgrade to Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312942

Also, see if the documents and favorites (*.url files) exist in the hard disk.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

The Parasite Fight: