coverage in MI expanding again next week???

Was in the Novi MI store tonight. One of the reps told me that effective
next week, the infamous NE quadrant of the LP (ie, the area in which RFB
Cellular provides service) will be part of both AC and the Local Digital
Choice area! I have no idea if he was provided accurate info, but he seemed
to know what he was talking about.

Maybe--just mabye--the wishes of all us Michigan customers is on the verge
of coming true.

Rich (aka Mathwiz): do you have any info on this

Rich

RonnospamSiegel wrote:
> Was in the Novi MI store tonight. One of the reps told me that effective
> next week, the infamous NE quadrant of the LP (ie, the area in which RFB
> Cellular provides service) will be part of both AC and the Local Digital
> Choice area! I have no idea if he was provided accurate info, but he seemed
> to know what he was talking about.
>
> Maybe--just mabye--the wishes of all us Michigan customers is on the verge
> of coming true.
>
> Rich (aka Mathwiz): do you have any info on this

I have no info on this. This is the first I heard of it. I've been
checking for new PRLs off and on today and haven't gotten any. I'll
check again sometime this evening. Hopefully when they include the NE
part they include the rest of the UP. Now if this is true, hopefully
they'll update the maps on the website. I'm thinking if they are going
to, it would be on Monday, since Monday seems to be a day when they are
modifying plans, releasing phones, etc. I'm sortof expecting a new PRL.

Rich

Putting this expanded coverage on the america's choice prl would be
welcome, and probable. expanding their partnership on the LDC area,
however, is unlikely, unless they add alltel roaming as well. In MI,
we really get a bad deal on LDC - in many other states LDC has the
same coverage as AC, just within the state. here in mi, LDC has no
extended network, which is ridiculous considering the size of
verizon's native coverage for a populous state. Even the plains states
have better coverage.

jeff

Thanks for the rumor, so I remember to update my PRL soon. I be glad when
all of Michigan is covered again like it was a few years ago (prior to this
America's "Choice" stuff.)

-Jeff

KP <KyleDP123@lycos.com> wrote:
> Putting this expanded coverage on the america's choice prl would be
> welcome, and probable. expanding their partnership on the LDC area,
> however, is unlikely, unless they add alltel roaming as well. In MI,
> we really get a bad deal on LDC - in many other states LDC has the
> same coverage as AC, just within the state. here in mi, LDC has no
> extended network, which is ridiculous considering the size of
> verizon's native coverage for a populous state. Even the plains states
> have better coverage.

Uhhh... Some of the Plains states don't have Verizon at all. Arkansas and
Oklahoma, I believe, would be two.

Updated coverage and new PRL will be avaliable on the 10th. Along with a
few plan changes.

ShackAttack