Sign in with
Your question

Will you be buying this game...?

Last response: in Video Games

Will You Be Buying Command And Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars?

Total: 28 votes

• Yes
  • 40 %
  • No
  • 33 %
  • Maybe
  • 29 %
March 24, 2007 11:16:43 PM

Hey guys i wanted to see who would be buying Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. You know what to do just click yes, no or maybe. Dont post anything stupid if it doesnt have to do with the topic.

More about : buying game

March 26, 2007 4:58:48 AM

i was going to get this but i just got company of heroes, and now i dont know how long its gonna be until i play another strategy game, i just cant see one better than this.
March 26, 2007 4:59:58 PM

Quote:
i was going to get this but i just got company of heroes, and now i dont know how long its gonna be until i play another strategy game, i just cant see one better than this.

Yeah that is a good one. I like C&C as well but i wish they would have left all the destruction marks on the ground when you destroy something. Same like Company of Heroes or Supreme Commander. When you shoot down a carrier or something the smoking wreckage stays on the ground along with the explosion marks and stuff like that. I just love that feature.

I hope some of the future RTS games will do that.
Related resources
March 26, 2007 6:02:48 PM

Quote:

Yeah that is a good one. I like C&C as well but i wish they would have left all the destruction marks on the ground when you destroy something. Same like Company of Heroes or Supreme Commander. When you shoot down a carrier or something the smoking wreckage stays on the ground along with the explosion marks and stuff like that. I just love that feature.

I hope some of the future RTS games will do that.

Supcom on my comp looks like crap at my playable settings.. yet I ran the c&c3 demo at ultra, it looks better, hopefully by crysis time I will get a new rig and see supcom how it's meant to be seen.

Yes. I will get C&C3, I preordered kane edition the same time I bought SupCom. But Shivering Isles is coming out tomorrow, not sure if i'll have time to play..
March 26, 2007 6:21:05 PM

Quote:
Supcom on my comp looks like crap at my playable settings.. yet I ran the c&c3 demo at ultra, it looks better, hopefully by crysis time I will get a new rig and see supcom how it's meant to be seen.

I hope you realize in SC you got a lot more going on at ones than in C&C. In C&C you are zoomed in pretty close, and i don't think you see more than 50 units on screen at the same time. So therefore many people get a lot better frame rate in C&C than in SC.
March 26, 2007 8:32:27 PM

I've played many hours of supcom with coworkers, and singleplayer. I can't play matches with more than 5 people, framerate way too low, starts off at around 20, after 5-10 min its at 10, same goes for AIs, in 2v2's my FPS usually doesn't go below 20 fps, I play at a max 20x20 maps, I once tried a 80x80 with a coworker and 5 supreme AIs, it was terrible. And going from medium to low improves fps by about 3 or 4, using /nosound is not an option I am willing to take, nor is using onboard sound, just can't go back to that...

Right now, i'm just slowly going through the singleplayer, my coworkers stopped playing multi, work getting way too busy now.

I hate the closeness of the camera in C&C3, I play at 1280x1024 (max of my lcd), and it's way too close.
March 26, 2007 9:27:17 PM

Yeah that is what i don't like about it either. The camera is crap. That is how they can hit high frame rates because they don't allow you to zoom back out far enough. As for SC it is more CPU dependent than video card. It is a resource hog anyways but from what i have heard DX10 will change all that, and speed it up quiet a bit, because of the unified shader architecture.

They are working on adding all the new special effects to the game for DX10. I can't wait.

Anyways i will probably buy C&C3 but it is hard to get used to after playing a lot of SC. I always keep rolling the mouse wheel back. :) 
March 28, 2007 9:24:52 PM

Wasn't going to buy it (didn't like the last couple in the series) but after reading the review at gamespot I am not sure anylonger :( 
March 29, 2007 2:28:19 PM

I played up to Tiberian Sun, never played Firestorm, played a little of RA2 at my cousin's a couple years ago, haven't touched Generals. I like it, got the Kane edtion... not sure if I should've gotten it, it's less than what I expected :p  , I like how almost any building can be garrisoned, when the enemy is setup in buildings, get some grenadiers and watch the bodies fly out, looks like there's some karma physics in this game 8O .

The only RTS' that I play are C&C, Starcraft, and Supreme Commander, I never like civ, total war, and those *goosebumps* turn based strategy, except playing with friends, some RISK, the pwnage!
March 30, 2007 6:43:46 PM

Well if you like starcraft you should take a look at warhammer
March 30, 2007 7:29:48 PM

I had the demo, I kinda liked it, but it's just not for me, I also loved the music in the previous game, I played the demo for that, chaos gate I think... turn based though, but still cool.

I got too many games already to get 40k.

Still playing BF2, Oblivion, C&C3, CSS, DoD (I suck, I just use the bazooka like I do the SRAW in BF2), I haven't even finished HL2 (almost done, then I gotta do episode 1!), I stopped playing 2142 (gets boring fast, unlike BF2, damn J-10s piss me off!), UT2k4, and Guild Wars, too busy at work, and the season only started.
March 30, 2007 7:55:10 PM

Man after that list I sort of feel sorry for your girlfriend :( 
!