Hi, can anyone help with a huge problem. I just received a computer from a friend with WinXP. I've used 98 forever so just playing it by ear now. I didn't like the required security sign in settings to use the system...so I went to administrator settings and disabled the guest and administrator sign in. I can't get into my computer at all now...just the original sign-in screen without the text boxes. Is there any way to undo this change without going to a tech for a reboot, etc.? I don't have the WinXP disk to use either. Am I totally screwed? Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Oh well...

When your computer is booting up, go into safe mode by clicking on F8 at the top of your keypad, once there, make your changes, then reboot.
--
Take up your Cross and follow Me - Luke 9:23

"Elinor" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone help with a huge problem. I just received a computer from a friend with WinXP. I've used 98 forever so just playing it by ear now. I didn't like the required security sign in settings to use the system...so I went to administrator settings and disabled the guest and administrator sign in. I can't get into my computer at all now...just the original sign-in screen without the text boxes. Is there any way to undo this change without going to a tech for a reboot, etc.? I don't have the WinXP disk to use either. Am I totally screwed? Thanks for any suggestions.
> --
> Oh well...

Hi

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice at the Welcome screen to see if you can access the
Administrator's Account again. When you do get back into Windows, create a
new User Account for yourself with Admin . permissions.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Elinor" <Elinor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi, can anyone help with a huge problem. I just received a computer from a
friend with WinXP. I've used 98 forever so just playing it by ear now. I
didn't like the required security sign in settings to use the system...so I
went to administrator settings and disabled the guest and administrator sign
in. I can't get into my computer at all now...just the original sign-in
screen without the text boxes. Is there any way to undo this change without
going to a tech for a reboot, etc.? I don't have the WinXP disk to use
either. Am I totally screwed? Thanks for any suggestions.
| --
| Oh well...

Dee

Thanx Will, tried that w/no results. A-Ok tho, got a tech to help.