Chief Medical Officer Repost 1/9/2005

Last response: in Video Games
January 10, 2005 9:34:16 AM

Night of the Unliving Dead

The doctor died first.

Then somebody else died, then later on another, then another. The lag
nightmare of KaZap continued and contributed to KaZap dieing. Jabber
died, but then again it is hard to play untwinked at level 51 in act 5
NM even in a party. So Jabber, in my book, can't be picked on.

Several times the minions of Diablo set of up phalanxes and gauntlets
to prevent the doctor from reaching paladins that required medical
assistance and those paladins died in those instances.

While getting Jabber's pally through Diablo quest, Tyler climbed up on
the couch and grabbed Orion's hand, the mouse and the mouse pad thereby
undermining the doctor's attempts to heal the party in the seal area to
the left. Fortunately everybody survived that subterfuge.

The party was at the last seal, to the right, with the straight leg map
(the breaking seal was not down around corner, was up just off of
staright leg). Being the weakest melee character the doctor offers to
break the seal so that he could be just out of range of the
materialized beast and hit the party members with holy bolts. The team
is set up and the doctor hits the seal and moves a little. Good thing
he did because the venom lords materialized right next to the seal and
the doctor was taken upon in an instant. It gets worse. Jabber's pally
was right in the middle of the pack when they appeared. It was an odd
place for a materialization but it was also a learning experience.

Anyway pallies were getting killed and the docter had to run but he was
blue and even the 40% faster run/walk boots could not get him far
enough away fast enough but he thought it was good because the pack was
running away from the corpses and when the others returned, they would
surely lay the pack to waste.

So the doctor attempted to circle around the pentagram, but Orion's
kids picked just the wrong time to partake in serious shenanigans in
the family room of the Orion home and it was just enough to distract
Orion at the wrong time just as he was at the corner at the top of the
pentagram and he got trapped in an abutment and got killed.

Diablo was "nice" enough to drop nothing of value. I think the vendors
refused to take the gear or offered very little in return.

Strange things happened. While doing Jabber's Hellforge it looked like
Fatso was the only occupant in the forge. He must have been playing
solo. He went down quick. Result - don't remember but it was not an UM.
Then we did the doctor's Hellforge and the law of averages balanced
things out and packed into the Helforge with Fatso was a triple boss
pack.

Needless to say every palladin died there. The bad luck continued and
the doctor smashed the stone with all his might and the forge coughed
up a KO rune. I think we got two KO runes from the forge and there is a
runeword that uses KO-KO-MAL but I do not remember what it is or if it
is even useful but perhaps we can examine it.

The most useful thing of the night was Jabber's idea that we could make
a new Insight runeword on a pole arm for an act 2 merc. So now we have
a level 14 Meditation aura going on top of the Holy Freeze that the
merc has. That will free the doctor up from having to turn on
Meditation. Now he can stick to Cleansing with an occasional Salvation
as need be. And upon reaching Lut Gholein in Hell the doctor should be
able to grab a Prayer merc.

I vote that we slow down a little and wait for Mr and Mrs Misfit to
catch up to us and the other person that I have not seen in a few
nights, as well as our 9th player Hammy. Perhaps we can relay that
request to main headquarters. Anybody else have take to this idea?

The above report is true to the best of my knowledge.

MarcusShythedMD
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 2:30:07 AM

On that special day, Orion Ryder, (orionryder@hotmail.com) said...

> I think we got two KO runes from the forge and there is a
> runeword that uses KO-KO-MAL but I do not remember what it is or if it
> is even useful but perhaps we can examine it.

Shields
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+20% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+130-160% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+20 To Dexterity
All Resistances +50-70 (varies)
Magic Damage Reduced By 7
Level 12 Slow Missiles (60 Charges)

could at times be useful

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 10:57:28 AM

> I found a couple of unique items, dumped a couple. Two I hadn't seen
before,
> one is Crow Caw, good armour that I'm now wearing and the other,
Warpspear,
> a Sorc staff, +3 to skills as well as +3 to telekenesis and teleport and
> something else. I don't get the idea of sorc staves. Why would you give up
> shield unless the staff was, like, +6 to skills, +120 res all?

Because a sorc looks much cooler with a 2-handed staff?

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

Related resources
January 11, 2005 5:04:25 PM

Walt wrote:
>> I found a couple of unique items, dumped a couple. Two I hadn't seen
>> before, one is Crow Caw, good armour that I'm now wearing and the
>> other, Warpspear, a Sorc staff, +3 to skills as well as +3 to
>> telekenesis and teleport and something else. I don't get the idea of
>> sorc staves. Why would you give up a shield unless the staff was,
>> like, +6 to skills, +120 res all?
>>

> Because a sorc looks much cooler with a 2-handed staff?
>
> Walt

I'm censoring myself here because I know how sensitive the AGD crowd can be.

desktop at home dot se
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 6:04:41 PM

Walt <wbecke[no-spam}@gmx.at> wrote in message

> > I found a couple of unique items, dumped a couple. Two I hadn't seen
> before,
> > one is Crow Caw, good armour that I'm now wearing and the other,
> Warpspear,
> > a Sorc staff, +3 to skills as well as +3 to telekenesis and teleport and
> > something else. I don't get the idea of sorc staves. Why would you give
up
> > shield unless the staff was, like, +6 to skills, +120 res all?
> >

> Because a sorc looks much cooler with a 2-handed staff?

Nah, every girl wants a 2-handed stick... er staff.

> Walt
>
> --
> -------------
> Europe SC non-ladder
> *inzaire110, *inzaire1101,
> *inzaire1102, *inzaire_hc
> http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9173169/MyDiablo/MyDiablo.h...

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 6:48:45 PM

On 10 Jan 2005 06:34:16 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I vote that we slow down a little and wait for Mr and Mrs Misfit to
>catch up to us and the other person that I have not seen in a few
>nights, as well as our 9th player Hammy. Perhaps we can relay that
>request to main headquarters. Anybody else have take to this idea?

>MarcusShythedMD

I'm not 100% sure, and he's probably asleep now even if I *were*
online to check, but you might be waiting a while for Hammy. At last
report he'd completely given up D2 for WoW.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 12, 2005 7:25:08 AM

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> ald wrote:
>> On 10 Jan 2005 06:34:16 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I vote that we slow down a little and wait for Mr and Mrs Misfit to
>>> catch up to us and the other person that I have not seen in a few
>>> nights, as well as our 9th player Hammy. Perhaps we can relay that
>>> request to main headquarters. Anybody else have take to this idea?
>
> Mr and Mrs Misfit offed the big D last night. How much further are you
> guys?
> --
> ~misfit~

Not much further. We just saved the Barbarians, and are ready to save Anya.

See everyone tomorrow.

Justin
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 7:32:43 PM

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
<snip>

> So is tomorrow today? I'm still confused over play-times.
> --
> ~misfit~

Yes, we play 2.5 hrs. from the time of this post.

Justin
!