Dialup connection unable to reconnect

I have got an dial up connection.After its disconnection (both manual or automatic) i have to restart the pc to access internet.Although connection is shown established but it does not actually work.I haveto restart my pc.
Plz help,its too time consuming and problematic.
Thx.
RM

How much time has been since your problem started? I could
be that unwanted programs are consuming your connection, it
happened to me and i had to close all unwanted programs
with the task manager. You want an advice? Leave your
antivirus but closa all the rest of the programs if you don
know what exaclty they are. Leave only the SYSTEM programs
runnin

DantheMan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hi

This seems unusaul for windows XP. One thing to be certain of, is it a restart that is needed or do you just need to wait for a few minutes? For example after disconnecting can you reconnect after say 15 minutes?

Regards
Dan

"RM" wrote:

> I have got an dial up connection.After its disconnection (both manual or automatic) i have to restart the pc to access internet.Although connection is shown established but it does not actually work.I haveto restart my pc.
> Plz help,its too time consuming and problematic.
> Thx.
> RM

Hi Dantheman,
Thx for ur answer.Actually dial up connection is shown dialled and displayed in right side of taskbar.but it does not work.IE,Yahoo nothing works,although few bytes are shown to be transferred in sent/received window.
Plz help.
RM

"Dantheman" wrote:

> Hi
>
> This seems unusaul for windows XP. One thing to be certain of, is it a restart that is needed or do you just need to wait for a few minutes? For example after disconnecting can you reconnect after say 15 minutes?
>
> Regards
> Dan
>
> "RM" wrote:
>
> > I have got an dial up connection.After its disconnection (both manual or automatic) i have to restart the pc to access internet.Although connection is shown established but it does not actually work.I haveto restart my pc.
> > Plz help,its too time consuming and problematic.
> > Thx.
> > RM

Hi dantheman,
Thx for ur reply.Dial up connection is shown to be dialled and connected but it does not work for real.It is not like it happens after every automatic/manual disconnection.but yet it is frequent escpecially after automatic disconnections.
Plz help.
Rajev

"Dantheman" wrote:

> Hi
>
> This seems unusaul for windows XP. One thing to be certain of, is it a restart that is needed or do you just need to wait for a few minutes? For example after disconnecting can you reconnect after say 15 minutes?
>
> Regards
> Dan
>
> "RM" wrote:
>
> > I have got an dial up connection.After its disconnection (both manual or automatic) i have to restart the pc to access internet.Although connection is shown established but it does not actually work.I haveto restart my pc.
> > Plz help,its too time consuming and problematic.
> > Thx.
> > RM

DantheMan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hi Rajev

First thing to do is make sure you have up to date Anti-Virus protection, and run a full system scan.

Regards
Dan

"RM" wrote:

> Hi dantheman,
> Thx for ur reply.Dial up connection is shown to be dialled and connected but it does not work for real.It is not like it happens after every automatic/manual disconnection.but yet it is frequent escpecially after automatic disconnections.
> Plz help.
> Rajev
>
> "Dantheman" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > This seems unusaul for windows XP. One thing to be certain of, is it a restart that is needed or do you just need to wait for a few minutes? For example after disconnecting can you reconnect after say 15 minutes?
> >
> > Regards
> > Dan
> >
> > "RM" wrote:
> >
> > > I have got an dial up connection.After its disconnection (both manual or automatic) i have to restart the pc to access internet.Although connection is shown established but it does not actually work.I haveto restart my pc.
> > > Plz help,its too time consuming and problematic.
> > > Thx.
> > > RM

Dear Dan,
I do have full version of Quick heal,updated def. of 15July.I have got antispyware prgs.Plus whenever i connect to net my firewall alerts svchost file is been tryingto connect something IP 255.???.??.etc.Is my pc hacked?
Im suspecting coz my XP was not installed in from of my eyes.I have disabled remote access.Plz help,.
Rajev

"Dantheman" wrote:

> Hi Rajev
>
> First thing to do is make sure you have up to date Anti-Virus protection, and run a full system scan.
>
> Regards
> Dan
>
> "RM" wrote:
>
> > Hi dantheman,
> > Thx for ur reply.Dial up connection is shown to be dialled and connected but it does not work for real.It is not like it happens after every automatic/manual disconnection.but yet it is frequent escpecially after automatic disconnections.
> > Plz help.
> > Rajev
> >
> > "Dantheman" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > This seems unusaul for windows XP. One thing to be certain of, is it a restart that is needed or do you just need to wait for a few minutes? For example after disconnecting can you reconnect after say 15 minutes?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Dan

DantheMan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hi Rajev

Svchost.exe is a windows file that is important to your computer. You should allow it access in your firewall. Svchost is different to Scvhost, Scvhost is virus related.

I haven't come across Quick Heal, but you can run a 2nd virus scan if you want to be sure from:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Regards
Dan

"RM" wrote:

> Dear Dan,
> I do have full version of Quick heal,updated def. of 15July.I have got antispyware prgs.Plus whenever i connect to net my firewall alerts svchost file is been tryingto connect something IP 255.???.??.etc.Is my pc hacked?
> Im suspecting coz my XP was not installed in from of my eyes.I have disabled remote access.Plz help,.
> Rajev
>

> "Dantheman" wrote:
>
> > Hi Rajev
> >
> > First thing to do is make sure you have up to date Anti-Virus protection, and run a full system scan.
> >
> > Regards
> > Dan
> >
> > "RM" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi dantheman,
> > > Thx for ur reply.Dial up connection is shown to be dialled and connected but it does not work for real.It is not like it happens after every automatic/manual disconnection.but yet it is frequent escpecially after automatic disconnections.
> > > Plz help.
> > > Rajev

TRENDING THREADS