Drive compression

Good evening,

I use computer long time ago but I never use drive compression. Now I would
like to use it but only I know some advantage of disk space but I do not
know about disadvantage of it. Please kindly advise me regarding this
matter.

Regards,

Cael

There's no advantage to it whatsoever unless youre low on space,it'll
actually slow down computer.

"Cael" <Cael@holmail.com> wrote in message
> Good evening,
>
> I use computer long time ago but I never use drive compression. Now I
would
> like to use it but only I know some advantage of disk space but I do not
> know about disadvantage of it. Please kindly advise me regarding this
> matter.
>
> Regards,
>
> Cael

When you compress a drive, folder, or file then it must be uncompressed to
use it. To uncompress takes time, thus as Andrew posted, your computer will
slow down.

Windows XP does compress some folders, such as Windows updates, but these
are rarely used. Compression of rarely used files or folders is generally
not a problem -- you rarely use them

With the low cost of drives today, if you need more drive space then buy a
larger drive.

Don