i just previously got windows xp installed on my pc and there seems to be some files missing. I was wondering if i could get a patch or something to correct this error. the file is ...C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe cannot access a necessary file, "mscoree.dll."

Hi jake2004,

See if this applies to the problem that you're experiencing:
http://tinyurl.com/535c7

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"jake2004" <jake2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i just previously got windows xp installed on my pc and there seems to be
some files missing. I was wondering if i could get a patch or something to
correct this error. the file is ...C:\Program Files\Common
Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe
cannot access a necessary file, "mscoree.dll."

Hi,

You may need to install the .net framework, see:

PRB: "Mscoree.dll Could Not Be Found" Err Msg w/ .NET Executable [Q316091]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316091

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/