Crazy performace issue

nerfy007

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2004
Hey guys, I'm not sure where this topic should fall, but here it is:
When playing KOTOR (1 and 2), WoW, BF2, or CS:S, the menus and gameplay with run smooth for a few seconds, then stop for a few seconds, then continue and repeat this cycle infinitely. I have the latest patches and drivers, and have tried several re-installs. I did switch to a new CPU (X2 4200+, from a 64-bit 3500+) around the same time that this issue came up, but it did work for a bit, i believe. BTW, Medieval 2 Total War works like a charm, so it isn't all games. And all the games I'm playing right now are legit games bought by me.
I have also done a few spyware sweeps and my system is clean.

My specs are as follows:

AMD X2 4200+ (s939)
ASUS A8R-MVP Deluxe
Audigy 2
XFX 7900 GS 256MB
2GB OCZ Plat. DDR400
200GB Seagate SATA

jetfx

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
make sure that you have download and installed the lastest drivers for ur X2 4200, from amd site, tht helps alot

if tht does not help try updating ur bios, and all system drivers

dagonoth

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Sometimes weird things come up and I usually just reformat or lately I use Acronis true image to go back to a clean install that I know worked before. I would recommend the full reformat if it really bothers you.

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
make sure that you have download and installed the lastest drivers for ur X2 4200, from amd site, tht helps alot

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah make sure you have the right drivers for your CPU.

Dude you should exit this forum this way :arrow: to the door :evil:

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah make sure you have the right drivers for your CPU.

Dude you should exit this forum this way :arrow: to the door :evil:

???

I'm no techhead, but I've had to reinstall CPU drivers before (don't ask why)