Boxing Comics: The Punisher as Captain America

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
With the Marvel Civil War over and Steve Rogers seemingly dead, the job of Captain America is currently open for applicants. Somewhere within Marvel someone decided, "You know who would make a great Captain America? The Punisher." Wait...what?

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I haven't touched a comic book in years, but like WTF are they doing!

Well, aren't comic books a reflection of the real world, Captain America is done, the symbol of defender of freedom for the USA, is done. This is probably a bit of a political statement, making the Punisher, a maniac, take his place.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I just can't see the punisher wearing red, white, and blue.

Or tights for that matter.

Every time I try to picture it, it makes me snicker.
//edit:Now that I clicked the link and looked at the picture... its not as amusing as what I had imagined, but still pretty fricking ridiculous//

When I heard they killed off Captain America I thought it was a bit odd of a choice, since the cap WAS the Avengers. Really it might as well have been called Captain America and Friends.

Replacing him at all just seems kind of pointless. Replacing him with the Punisher just seems downright stupid. I can't see him really replacing the Cap, nor can I see him wanting to.

It makes me glad I gave up on comics long ago. I read them every once in a while now, whenever a friend buys them or something, but I don't collect or obsess about them anymore. If I did, I would be right and truly pissed about now.

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
I don't think they plan to have the Punisher lead the Avengers as Captain America, but rather just keep being the Punisher but in that new suit.

An important note, Cap's shield is currently "missing".