finding hardware

Windows XP did not find the built-in modem or sound system when I installed the XP. I can't get either of them to work. Any suggestions? Can I re-install Windows XP on that same computer using the samce XP CD in hopes of correcting the problem?

XPnovice wrote:
> Windows XP did not find the built-in modem or sound system when I
> installed the XP. I can't get either of them to work. Any
> suggestions? Can I re-install Windows XP on that same computer using
> the samce XP CD in hopes of correcting the problem?

While you can reinstall, what makes you think the second pass with the same
software will be different than the first?

You need to download the drivers from the hardware manufacturers.. Whether
that is the motherboard, modem, sound card or video card. The web page of
the manufacturer of your product should have drivers for that product for
the OS in question *if* they decided they were going to support it in that
OS.

You could also try driverguide.com (drivers/all).

--
<- Shenan ->

Devices integrated on motherboard? Install motherboard drivers
(on CD or downloaded from manufacturer)

Yes, you can re-install XP over the existing on.

--
Tumppi
Reply to group