Uninstall XP without Log-in

A former employee loaded xp on a pc. we do not have the username or password to log on. we would like to uninstal xp and install a new operating system. how can we uninstall xp without the ability to log on? Thank you.

Greetings --

The normal way to "uninstall" _any_ operating system is to format
the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"rowdcham" <rowdcham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A former employee loaded xp on a pc. we do not have the username or
password to log on. we would like to uninstal xp and install a new
operating system. how can we uninstall xp without the ability to log
on? Thank you.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:56:01 -0700, "rowdcham"
<rowdcham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A former employee loaded xp on a pc. we do not have the username or password to log on. we would like to uninstal xp and install a new operating system. how can we uninstall xp without the ability to log on? Thank you.

Keep in mind (I believe this to be true) that you cannot go backwards with
Windows operating systems (XP to 98, for example) once the hard drive has been
formatted with XP.

....D.

Gordon

"...D." <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:56:01 -0700, "rowdcham"
> <rowdcham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >A former employee loaded xp on a pc. we do not have the username or
password to log on. we would like to uninstal xp and install a new
operating system. how can we uninstall xp without the ability to log on?
Thank you.

> Keep in mind (I believe this to be true) that you cannot go backwards with
> Windows operating systems (XP to 98, for example) once the hard drive has
been
> formatted with XP.
>
> ...D.

yes you can, but it means formatting the HDD......