HELP! New to this and am getting error code

I installed a veo advanced web cam and went to web site to install drivers and software. I installed it and am unable to take snapshots. I receive this:

access violation @ address 01A63B0C in module camcapex.dll Read of Address 00000008

I am able to record my voice and record a video email, but not snap a photo. Why is it doing this? Microsoft says that I may be missing a standard PCI or need to update a USB Driver. There are none to be updated.

I emailed tech support at VEO and they said that this error message is because:
The camera system files you are using are mismatched, preventing the Veo Digital Studio from working properly. Microsoft Windows Update has attempted to update the Veo Advanced Connect when you last connected to the Internet.

They suggest that I disconnect web cam and ethernet but if do this I cannot download and re-install the veo driver and software from website! I will not have internet access.

I do not have a CD-ROM to install webcam with as it was cracked. Can you please help me so i may send my photos to mi familia in Bogota.

Thank you, Issa

DantheMan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Have you tried disconnecting the camera and running the driver update from windows update? You may need need to disable your ethernet card.

Regards
Dan

"decolombiana" wrote:

> I installed a veo advanced web cam and went to web site to install drivers and software. I installed it and am unable to take snapshots. I receive this:
>
> access violation @ address 01A63B0C in module camcapex.dll Read of Address 00000008
>
> I am able to record my voice and record a video email, but not snap a photo. Why is it doing this? Microsoft says that I may be missing a standard PCI or need to update a USB Driver. There are none to be updated.
>
> I emailed tech support at VEO and they said that this error message is because:
> The camera system files you are using are mismatched, preventing the Veo Digital Studio from working properly. Microsoft Windows Update has attempted to update the Veo Advanced Connect when you last connected to the Internet.
>
> They suggest that I disconnect web cam and ethernet but if do this I cannot download and re-install the veo driver and software from website! I will not have internet access.
>
> I do not have a CD-ROM to install webcam with as it was cracked. Can you please help me so i may send my photos to mi familia in Bogota.
>
> Thank you, Issa

Issa

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004

Yes, tried that too. But the problem is that the update from windows is mismatching the drivers and causing this error. Thanks for your response. Any other suggestions?

"Dantheman" wrote:

> Have you tried disconnecting the camera and running the driver update from windows update? You may need need to disable your ethernet card.
>
> Regards
> Dan
>
> "decolombiana" wrote:
>
> > I installed a veo advanced web cam and went to web site to install drivers and software. I installed it and am unable to take snapshots. I receive this:
> >
> > access violation @ address 01A63B0C in module camcapex.dll Read of Address 00000008
> >
> > I am able to record my voice and record a video email, but not snap a photo. Why is it doing this? Microsoft says that I may be missing a standard PCI or need to update a USB Driver. There are none to be updated.
> >
> > I emailed tech support at VEO and they said that this error message is because:
> > The camera system files you are using are mismatched, preventing the Veo Digital Studio from working properly. Microsoft Windows Update has attempted to update the Veo Advanced Connect when you last connected to the Internet.
> >
> > They suggest that I disconnect web cam and ethernet but if do this I cannot download and re-install the veo driver and software from website! I will not have internet access.
> >
> > I do not have a CD-ROM to install webcam with as it was cracked. Can you please help me so i may send my photos to mi familia in Bogota.
> >
> > Thank you, Issa

Issa

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004

Tried it, but the problem is that the update from windows is wrong and mismatches the drivers thus causing this error code. Thanks for responding, Dan. I appreciate any help you offer. Got any other suggestions? Thanks again!

Issa

"Dantheman" wrote:

> Have you tried disconnecting the camera and running the driver update from windows update? You may need need to disable your ethernet card.
>
> Regards
> Dan
>
> "decolombiana" wrote:
>
> > I installed a veo advanced web cam and went to web site to install drivers and software. I installed it and am unable to take snapshots. I receive this:
> >
> > access violation @ address 01A63B0C in module camcapex.dll Read of Address 00000008
> >
> > I am able to record my voice and record a video email, but not snap a photo. Why is it doing this? Microsoft says that I may be missing a standard PCI or need to update a USB Driver. There are none to be updated.
> >
> > I emailed tech support at VEO and they said that this error message is because:
> > The camera system files you are using are mismatched, preventing the Veo Digital Studio from working properly. Microsoft Windows Update has attempted to update the Veo Advanced Connect when you last connected to the Internet.
> >
> > They suggest that I disconnect web cam and ethernet but if do this I cannot download and re-install the veo driver and software from website! I will not have internet access.
> >
> > I do not have a CD-ROM to install webcam with as it was cracked. Can you please help me so i may send my photos to mi familia in Bogota.
> >
> > Thank you, Issa

Have tried that, Dan but the problem isthat the update from windows is mismatching the drivers thus causing the error message. *sigh*
Thanks for responding, Dan. Have any other suggestions? let me know. And thanks again.

Issa

"Dantheman" wrote:

> Have you tried disconnecting the camera and running the driver update from windows update? You may need need to disable your ethernet card.
>
> Regards
> Dan
>
> "decolombiana" wrote:
>
> > I installed a veo advanced web cam and went to web site to install drivers and software. I installed it and am unable to take snapshots. I receive this:
> >
> > access violation @ address 01A63B0C in module camcapex.dll Read of Address 00000008
> >
> > I am able to record my voice and record a video email, but not snap a photo. Why is it doing this? Microsoft says that I may be missing a standard PCI or need to update a USB Driver. There are none to be updated.
> >
> > I emailed tech support at VEO and they said that this error message is because:
> > The camera system files you are using are mismatched, preventing the Veo Digital Studio from working properly. Microsoft Windows Update has attempted to update the Veo Advanced Connect when you last connected to the Internet.
> >
> > They suggest that I disconnect web cam and ethernet but if do this I cannot download and re-install the veo driver and software from website! I will not have internet access.
> >
> > I do not have a CD-ROM to install webcam with as it was cracked. Can you please help me so i may send my photos to mi familia in Bogota.
> >
> > Thank you, Issa

DantheMan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Wow you tired that a lot of times!! ;-)

Is it possible to uninstall your camera and reinstall it with the latest driver download from the Veo website. And then avoid downloading the update from windows update again.

http://www.veo.com/downloads/drivers.asp

Regards
Dan