signing in to windows xp

Hi i seem to have aproblem! on my computer when i switch
it on it comes up with a screen which says windows cannot
open and it offers me various options to open in safe
mode! safe mode with prompt safe mode with networking,
last known good configuration and start windows normally!
unfortunately i have pressed all these and it comes back
on to the same screen options! there is also no option to
type anything as there is no cursor at the bottom of the
screen! can some1 advise me on what my best options are
whether it be rebooting my comp? and if so how to do it?
what do i need etc! or if there is a disk i can pop in
the tower to sort it out! my email is
dath10792@lycos.co.uk i would appreciate any1's help on
this matter my body is for sale i am that desperate for
help haha! thanx a lot to whoever gets in touch! DAVE
HEFFERNAN

Hi

If 'Last Known Good Configuration' doesn't help and you can't access Safe
Mode, you will have to look towards a 'Repair' install of XP:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups