Sign in with
Your question

recomend a game pls

Last response: in Video Games
April 1, 2007 1:14:17 AM

I just recently got an 8800gtx but i feel im not making the most of it. Im currently playing Company of heroes which is a great game, however it can often let you down when playing online, like for example players drop or it lags too much, or you get beaten so early on that its not fun- other than that its a very good game. I also have Supreme commander though I get pretty bad performance so dont play it much (hopefully a patch wil come and fix that soon).

I tend to try and buy games which I wil play for ages, and usualy go for games which have good review scores. I bought Stalker, but didnt like it much so ill return it. Ive played bf 2142, but also am not that impressed with it (feels a bit like a mod rather than a fully perfected game). I do like my fps games though, like Half life 2.

A game which im interested in is Oblivion, it has so many excellent reviews it might be worth a shot. i did play WoW for a bit, but i think it was the being online and with other people that made it fun, not the questing alone. Rainbow six vegas looked ok, but the reviews only give it around 85 ish and after thinking about it I dont think its for me.

I know this might sound rather picky, but thats what im like now, i just need a few games which i can play for months.. like Company of heroes. Btw ive played dawn of war also. I have been into Eve online for a bit, just havnt installed it since i got the new machine. i may get back into that.

Im looking for something fairly new that i can get into, theres loads of games im looking forward to in future (Unreal 3, Crysis, quake wars) but i feel i need more to play on now.

any ideas?

More about : recomend game pls

April 1, 2007 8:21:33 PM

Have you looked at Supreme Commander yet? It will give a good run for your system. That game truly taps out every little bit of performance that you computer have. Try the demo.

I own Oblivion as well. I am not a big fan of it though. To me it is a bit boring. Lot of people like it and i agree it is a fun game but i have to admit i made a mistake getting it because it is just not for me.

C&C3 is fun as well if you like strategy games.
April 1, 2007 9:03:58 PM

thanks for the suggestions. I do own supreme commander, and think it looks really great, however im getting really bad performance with it so havnt played it much. Im waiting for a patch to fix it then ill play it for months, and might overclock my proc just for supreme commander. As for oblivion, im a little unsure. Im not usualy into rpg's, but thought that it might apeal to me. im more of an fps, rts man.
Related resources
April 1, 2007 10:14:31 PM

Lately i havent seen to many games come out that have urged me to buy them. So instead ive been buying alot of old classic games, some i had a long time ago, downloaded or never got around to trying. But with your new shiny card i guess that doesnt help. Only game ic an think of recomending to play isnt out yet..crysis
April 2, 2007 11:22:56 AM

Have you tried the Total War games? Medieval: Total War 2 has been getting some rave reviews, and the full campaign takes a while to play - should keep you occupied for a while.

Continuing on the RTS theme, C&C's latest offering looks pretty good too.
April 2, 2007 7:26:55 PM

Supcom has some issues to deal with.. take a look at GPG's tech support forum.. and RS:Vegas... don't get me started on console ports.

Oblivion is a great game, just finished Shivering Isles main quest. I never played any of the other Elder Scrolls, except watch one of my friends play Morrowind for a small amount of time before I got bored.

Ever play Battlefield 2? I know it's old, but it's still fun! Battlefield 2142 will only last you so long till you want to go back..

C&C3: Tiberium Wars is great, just the annoying cutscene audio/video sync, that I gotta set affinity to the .dat file to cpu 0 everytime I load it, if you ever liked Red Alert or Tiberiun Sun (my fav universe, less fancy units than RA though), this is good. Commando dies too fast sometimes.. "I got a present for ya!"

I've heard alot about total war and warhammer 40k, those sound like great games, maybe this fall i'll get em, if I'm not playing ut2k7, crysis, or quake wars.
April 3, 2007 4:15:56 PM

ive thought about total war, but after downloading the demo I decided that it won't appeal for very long, since most of the game is designed around single player, and im more into multiplayer in this kind of game. still im sure its a great game, i enjoyed playing Rome total war a lot.

C&C 3 i might consider, but as i play company of heroes and will play sup com (when it works), id rather get a non-rts game.

maybe ill just wait untill something new come out
April 3, 2007 7:21:23 PM

Ho about NWN 2. If Obsidian supports it like bioware did (current indications are that they are), you will be able to play that for a few years. (Persistent worlds, user created modules etc.)
April 3, 2007 8:18:14 PM

I would definitely recommend Oblivion and Neverwinter Nights 2. I have both and I barely play anything else besides those two.
April 25, 2007 3:55:53 PM

How about the HL2 Expansion packs?

I read this post and I feel that I'm in the same boat!

I have equal hardware specs, 8800 ect... It seems like your taste is also like mine.

Anyways, I recently bought the HL2 expansion pack and so far I've enjoyed it. With my old PC I couldn't play the game with anything on high and had to stay at 800 x 600.

With the newer PC and 27" LCD I was able to play the HL2 Expansion pack in wide screen, using the screens native resolution, as well as max out the video settings within the game. I have to say a few times during the game my jaw dropped.
!