The Desktop Newsletter, January 2005

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Below you will find a brief description of builds I'm currently playing or
have recently finished playing.

Patriarch Doctor Bones
Build: Bone Necromancer

Bone Spirit damage: 4408-4711
Bone Spear damage: 4956-5211
Teeth damage: 904-1151

If only I had a couple of stones (of Jordan!), Chains of Honor or Enigma, a
few more P&B skill charms... Nah, my current equipment was enough to take
him safely all the way to Patriarch. Teeth pretty much owned nightmare and
that was when he was the most fun to play.

Champion Weather Wench
Build: Chain Lightning Sorceress
Location: Act 1

I don't particularly care for single tree builds but on the other hand I don't
particularly care for "weak" builds either. When I first started out playing
this Lightning Sorceress I hadn't decided what kind she would be. Now I sort
of regret not making her a Charged Bolt girl. As soon as she hits matriarch
status I'll order her to strip and hand the gear over to her younger sister.

Slayer Jar of Flies
Build: Some sort of Werewolf Druid
Location: Act 5

He'll most likely end up using Fury and Rabies. So far I haven't put any
points in Rabies or any of the vines. I'm tempted to go with the Heart of
Wolverine spirit this time around. Mostly because I've never built a Druid
without Oak Sage!

Champion Disco Death
Build: Dragon Talon Assassin
Location: Act 4

Unfortunately I'm slightly disappointed with her. She's fun against single
big HP targets but not so much against big crowds. I wish Dragon Talon was
more like Zeal!

Slayer the Vanquisher
Build: Zeal + Fanaticism Paladin
Location: Act 5

Nothing special here, move along folks! The one thing that makes him
different is his choice of weapon, the Legendary Mallet Stone Crusher. The
goal is to hit four frames per attack.

Slayer Armstarke
Build: Double Throw Barbarian
Location: Act 5

In 109 I went with axes, now I'm hurling javelins. It should have been the
other way around! Perhaps I'm allowed to make more than one tosser? I haven't
played him for quite some time now. The fourth Demon's Arch refuses to drop!

Sledge Hammered
Build: Blessed Hammer Paladin
Location: Act 5

This is my second attempt at a Blessed Hammer Paladin. My first one stalled
at the age of 18, this one has made it to 33. He is not allowed into
nightmare before I can get my hands on a second Herald of Zakarum shield.

Champion Incredible Hulk
Build: Whirlwind Barbarian
Location: Act 1

The Incredible Hulk is designed with the Immortal King set in mind. Not sure
when the sacred armor will drop but I'm certain it will be a joyous day!

Patriarch Freeloader
Build: Fist of the Heavens + Holy Bolt Paladin

I created Freeloader not knowing about the Fist of the Heavens casting
delay. As soon as he hit Patriarch status I started stealing gear from him.
That pretty much says it all.

Slayer Erogenous Zon
Build: Exploding Arrow + Freezing Arrow Amazon
Location: Act 5

Most people probably choose Immolation Arrow over Exploding Arrow but not
me. That one second casting delay is enough to put me off. Dual splash
damage skills equal more fun for everyone!

Matriarch Camilla Ice
Build: Blizzard Sorceress

She's specifically built for Ancient Tunnel runs. I don't care much for the
Mausoleum so I'll leave the dead alone. She hasn't found many items of note
though. So far the best item is Jalal's Mane.

Slayer of Nazareth
Build: Summoning Necromancer
Location: Act 5

The summoning Necromancer must be one of the easiest builds ever. Not that I
mind, sometimes it is fun to mow down everything in sight! I'm dreaming of
an Enigma armor for him, but until then a Teleport amulet has made him so
much more fun to play.

desktop at home dot se

Hi

"Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in

> Slayer Armstarke
> Build: Double Throw Barbarian
> Location: Act 5
>
> In 109 I went with axes, now I'm hurling javelins. It should have been
> the other way around! Perhaps I'm allowed to make more than one
> tosser? I haven't played him for quite some time now. The fourth
> Demon's Arch refuses to drop!

impressive list.. I always wonder where people find the time to do so
many different chars.

My second Throwbarb is about to take on nightmare Baal at level 71. So
far, he is doing very well with his crafted throwing axes. He does close
to 4K max damage per axe with an AR of 7000.

Did I say crafted axes? If you are a little lucky, you can craft better
flying/winged axes than those Demon Arch's...

I have a Kingslayer axe on switch, so I can use Conc or Zeal (from the
axe) for boss monsters or PI's..

He has a Holy Freeze merc as company, so throwing damage might get an
issue in hell..

Regards,

Oliver

"Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Below you will find a brief description of builds I'm currently playing or
> have recently finished playing.
>

> Patriarch Doctor Bones
> Build: Bone Necromancer
>
> Bone Spirit damage: 4408-4711
> Bone Spear damage: 4956-5211
> Teeth damage: 904-1151

With or without Marrowwalk bug?

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Walt wrote:
> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Below you will find a brief description of builds I'm currently
>> playing or have recently finished playing.
>>

>> Patriarch Doctor Bones
>> Build: Bone Necromancer
>>
>> Bone Spirit damage: 4408-4711
>> Bone Spear damage: 4956-5211
>> Teeth damage: 904-1151
>>

> With or without Marrowwalk bug?
>
> Walt

With the Marrowwalk feature. :-D

desktop at home dot se

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi
>
> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in
>

>> Slayer Armstarke
>> Build: Double Throw Barbarian
>> Location: Act 5
>>
>> In 109 I went with axes, now I'm hurling javelins. It should have
>> been the other way around! Perhaps I'm allowed to make more than one
>> tosser? I haven't played him for quite some time now. The fourth
>> Demon's Arch refuses to drop!
>>
> impressive list.. I always wonder where people find the time to do so
> many different chars.

Some of those characters were created the first ladder season. Most of them
have been heavily twinked. I race past normal and nightmare. :)

> My second Throwbarb is about to take on nightmare Baal at level 71. So
> far, he is doing very well with his crafted throwing axes. He does
> close to 4K max damage per axe with an AR of 7000.
>
> Did I say crafted axes? If you are a little lucky, you can craft
> better flying/winged axes than those Demon Arch's...

I did that in 109, that's why I went with javelines this time around. And
javelines look so much cooler!

desktop at home dot se

> Walt wrote:
> > "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >> Below you will find a brief description of builds I'm currently
> >> playing or have recently finished playing.
> >>

> >> Patriarch Doctor Bones
> >> Build: Bone Necromancer
> >>
> >> Bone Spirit damage: 4408-4711
> >> Bone Spear damage: 4956-5211
> >> Teeth damage: 904-1151
> >>

> > With or without Marrowwalk bug?
> >
> > Walt
>
> With the Marrowwalk feature. :-D
>
> desktop at home dot se

Puh, I hoped that. Because my boner does 3700+ spear damage and 790+ teeth
damage without that bug. And I was wondering where you were adding more
skills than I did :eek:)

Walt

--
-------------

Desktop wrote:
> [...]
> me. That one second casting delay is enough to put me off. Dual
splash
> damage skills equal more fun for everyone!
>

> Matriarch Camilla Ice
> Build: Blizzard Sorceress
>
> She's specifically built for Ancient Tunnel runs. I don't care much
for the
> Mausoleum so I'll leave the dead alone. She hasn't found many items
of note
> though. So far the best item is Jalal's Mane.
>

> Slayer of Nazareth
> Build: Summoning Necromancer
> Location: Act 5
>
> The summoning Necromancer must be one of the easiest builds ever. Not
that I
> mind, sometimes it is fun to mow down everything in sight! I'm
dreaming of
> an Enigma armor for him, but until then a Teleport amulet has made

This was actually quite enlightening. But don't jump to any conclusions
by thinking that Orchid would have learned anything from this.

But back to the enlightenment part. One for example - so the Ancient
Tunnels is a place that I can bring my cold sorc to MF in Hell. Thanks
for the info. If anyone posts anything to contradict this your hide
better hide, er, you better hide your hide, uh, you're hiding won't
hide your hide, ah skip it.

Plus I got a few more ideas from reading this.

I think more people should post things like this, if they have the
time, even if it is done over a several week period, considering some
people have about 20 characters. IOW one post that summarizes all
characters. But please, no mules.

Thanks again

Orion Ryder

> Slayer Armstarke
> Build: Double Throw Barbarian
> Location: Act 5
>
> In 109 I went with axes, now I'm hurling javelins. It should have been the
> other way around! Perhaps I'm allowed to make more than one tosser? I
haven't
> played him for quite some time now. The fourth Demon's Arch refuses to
drop!

I think a have a spare one somewhere. Just ask for them :eek:)

Walt

--
-------------

Walt wrote:
>> Slayer Armstarke
>> Build: Double Throw Barbarian
>> Location: Act 5
>>
>> In 109 I went with axes, now I'm hurling javelins. It should have
>> been the other way around! Perhaps I'm allowed to make more than one
>> tosser? I haven't played him for quite some time now. The fourth
>> Demon's Arch refuses to drop!
>
> I think a have a spare one somewhere. Just ask for them :eek:)

He graciously offered and was never to be seen again. ;-)

> Walt

desktop at home dot se

> Walt wrote:
> >> Slayer Armstarke
> >> Build: Double Throw Barbarian
> >> Location: Act 5
> >>
> >> In 109 I went with axes, now I'm hurling javelins. It should have
> >> been the other way around! Perhaps I'm allowed to make more than one
> >> tosser? I haven't played him for quite some time now. The fourth
> >> Demon's Arch refuses to drop!
> >
> > I think a have a spare one somewhere. Just ask for them :eek:)
>
> He graciously offered and was never to be seen again. ;-)

Every time I was on, you were not...

well, well, we'll meet soon :eek:)

Walt

--
-------------

Walt wrote:
> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>> I think a have a spare one somewhere. Just ask for them :eek:)
>>
>> He graciously offered and was never to be seen again. ;-)
>>

> Every time I was on, you were not...
>
> well, well, we'll meet soon :eek:)

We just did. ;-) Thanks again for the Demons and the trustworthy muling.

> Walt

desktop at home dot se

> We just did. ;-) Thanks again for the Demons and the trustworthy muling.

Well, anytime. I only enjoy the items i found myself. So there is no need
for stealing :eek:)

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

Walt wrote:
>> We just did. ;-) Thanks again for the Demons and the trustworthy
>> muling.
>>

> Well, anytime. I only enjoy the items i found myself. So there is no
> need for stealing :eek:)

I only accept items I've already found myself. Some day I'll have found all
unique and set items in the game. Then I'll accept anything! :-D

desktop at home dot se

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Orion Ryder wrote:

[snip long and winding post]

> This was actually quite enlightening. But don't jump to any
> conclusions by thinking that Orchid would have learned anything from
> this.

Not that she would admit it. ;-)

> But back to the enlightenment part. One for example - so the Ancient
> Tunnels is a place that I can bring my cold sorc to MF in Hell. Thanks
> for the info. If anyone posts anything to contradict this your hide
> better hide, er, you better hide your hide, uh, you're hiding won't
> hide your hide, ah skip it.

I'm still waiting for that jaw dropping drop, but at least I've gained a
couple of levels down there.

> Plus I got a few more ideas from reading this.

Free of charge as well.

> I think more people should post things like this, if they have the
> time, even if it is done over a several week period, considering some
> people have about 20 characters. IOW one post that summarizes all
> characters. But please, no mules.
>
> Thanks again

Thank you for thanking me.

> Orion Ryder

desktop at home dot se

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Walt wrote:
> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Walt wrote:
>>> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>> With or without Marrowwalk bug?
>>>
>>> Walt
>>
>> With the Marrowwalk feature. :-D
>
> Puh, I hoped that. Because my boner does 3700+ spear damage and 790+
> teeth damage without that bug. And I was wondering where you were
> adding more skills than I did :eek:)
>
> Walt

On weapon switch. ;-)

desktop at home dot se

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw> and realizing that it's a
small world after all, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> said:

>Desktop wrote:
>> Below you will find a brief description of builds I'm currently
>> playing or have recently finished playing.

<snip>

>I think more people should post things like this, if they have the
>time, even if it is done over a several week period, considering some
>people have about 20 characters. IOW one post that summarizes all
>characters. But please, no mules.

No mules?

Aw, dang it!
--