Anyway to Nokia 5165 to Verizon

Have a Nokia 5165 setup for Cingular system, can it be changed to Verizon as
Cingular now out of Area? Thanks

Jim

Verizon's Nokia models that seem to work fine for basic phone service
include:
- 5185i - this one looks and works just like what you have now. Accessories
should be compatible.
If you have an external antenna car or AC chargers etc. Find
Verizon 5185i at 2nd-hand
store, or ebay.com.
- 3285 - this one looks very similar to the old 6160 Nokia model, similar in
function.
- 6185 - never sold by Verizon, but if you get this CDMA phone unlocked, say
from Alltel you may
be able to activate it on Verizon (I would not do any phone
not ever sold by Verizon).
Looks like 6160 TDMA model.
- 3589i -Current model, smaller candy-bar style similar to 3360 TDMA
version. Folks really like
this phone, seems to have better than average RF perfomance.

I'm a pretty big Nokia fan and like their menus, interface, and ergonomics.
Verizon has some brands you may have never heard of, but they are good
phones. i.e. LG and Kyocera also make nice phones. I find the Kyocera
menus to be easy to use, similar in this regard to Nokia once you get used
to them. LG isn't quite as nice menu-wise but also good.

i.e. These all have an easy and quick way to silence the ringer, adjust
volime, etc.

-Dan

"JMC" <jmc@axom.com> wrote in message
> Have a Nokia 5165 setup for Cingular system, can it be changed to Verizon
as
> Cingular now out of Area? Thanks
>
> Jim

no - it is aTDMA phone. It won't work on Verizon CDMA network.

"JMC" <jmc@axom.com> wrote in message
> Have a Nokia 5165 setup for Cingular system, can it be changed to Verizon
as
> Cingular now out of Area? Thanks
>
> Jim

TRENDING THREADS