File extension definitions

Hi
Whenever I double click a "Drive" in My Computers it opens a new window in search mode
I checked under folder options/file types and noticed that Drive has "find" associated to it.
I can't change it
I would rather have "open" as default but does not exist in advanced settings.

Also when I right-click the drive, the popup menu has the different possibilities (open, explore etc) and Search which is first and emphasized

What to do?
Thanks
Danny

drettig wrote:
> Hi
> Whenever I double click a "Drive" in My Computers it opens a new window in search mode
> I checked under folder options/file types and noticed that Drive has "find" associated to it.
> I can't change it
> I would rather have "open" as default but does not exist in advanced settings.
>
> Also when I right-click the drive, the popup menu has the different possibilities (open, explore etc) and Search which is first and emphasized
>
> What to do?

Even though it says it's for folder open, the script on this page
(http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm) from Doug
Knox also fixes drive open problems.
--
Tom Porterfield