Need help on old Kt133

Marvelii

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2001
I have an old Msi K7t Pro 2 motherboard based on the kt133 chipset and i want to get it working so i bought an amd duron 950, cd rom, pc133 128mb ram, tnt2 m64, floppy, and an chieftec mini case w/ 400watt ps. I put everything together and i turn on the system and it posts. it shows the videocard information then it sez "checksum error" after that "detecting floppy drive"...floppy drive error then it tells me the "system halts" and an annoying repetetive beep follows after everything. the motherboard had an athlon 800mhz before but the fan gave up and fried the cpu then the psu gave up too so i bought new parts. did all these problems mess up the motherboard? thanx for the help fellas i appreciate it.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Had a similar problem with almost hte same board. I had an MSI K7TM (MS 6340) whichever you wanna call it.

If it'll POST, go into the BIOS and restore DEFAULT SETTINGS and see what it does. Mine worked after that and I was able to reset all my BIOS settings afterwards.

Good Luck,

VAGABOND

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it!

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Unplug the computer and try resetting the CMOS. If you don't have a jumper to do this on that mobo then remove the battery a couple of minutes.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>

Marvelii

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2001
i reseted the cmos and replaced the battery and still nothing. the system halts before i could get the option to go to the bios to change the settings.