Linksys WRT54G

I just purchases the subject router (after returning a Netgear that I gave
up installing) and I cant see to access roadrunner e-mail via OE. I can go
to webmail and get it fine but cannot connect to my provider (cfl.rr.com)
port to pull my mail down......any ideas?

TIA
6 answers Last reply
More about linksys wrt54g

    ARe you sure you configured the POP3 and smtp servers correctly in OE?

    Can you ping both the POP3 and smpt servers?

    --
    Bob Alston

    http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/
    "Buell" <buell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I just purchases the subject router (after returning a Netgear that I gave
    > up installing) and I cant see to access roadrunner e-mail via OE. I can
    go
    > to webmail and get it fine but cannot connect to my provider (cfl.rr.com)
    > port to pull my mail down......any ideas?
    >
    > TIA

    ---

    Have you changed ISP or is everything through roadrunner? If you changed
    ISP, then outgoing mail may have to be sent through the new ISP's mail
    server. In OE, how did you enter the address of the mail servers? Do all
    of the addresses end with rr.com or are they abbreviated?

    -Yves

    "Buell" <buell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I just purchases the subject router (after returning a Netgear that I gave
    > up installing) and I cant see to access roadrunner e-mail via OE. I can
    go
    > to webmail and get it fine but cannot connect to my provider (cfl.rr.com)
    > port to pull my mail down......any ideas?
    >
    > TIA

    I'm a little confused. You say that you can "go to webmail and get it
    fine but cannot connect to my provider". I'm assuming you are able to
    use your browser to access webmail.cfl.rr.com and retrieve your email
    messages, but cannot retrieve them via Outlook Express. If that is
    the case, it is my belief that Outlook Express is not configured
    correctly or configured at all to retrieve your email. In that case,
    you need to start your OE program and click on TOOLS, then ACCOUNTS
    then ADD mail and follow the easy instructions.

    On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:31:22 GMT, "Buell" <buell@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

    >I just purchases the subject router (after returning a Netgear that I gave
    >up installing) and I cant see to access roadrunner e-mail via OE. I can go
    >to webmail and get it fine but cannot connect to my provider (cfl.rr.com)
    >port to pull my mail down......any ideas?
    >
    >TIA

    If I go hardwired from the cable modem to my nic card all is fine...
    Not a new ISP - been thru RR for a few years. It says it cant connect
    to my pop3 account.

    "Yves Konigshofer" <yvesk@sStTaAnNfFoOrRdD.edu> wrote in message
    > Have you changed ISP or is everything through roadrunner? If you changed
    > ISP, then outgoing mail may have to be sent through the new ISP's mail
    > server. In OE, how did you enter the address of the mail servers? Do all
    > of the addresses end with rr.com or are they abbreviated?
    >
    > -Yves
    >
    > "Buell" <buell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > I just purchases the subject router (after returning a Netgear that I
    gave
    > > up installing) and I cant see to access roadrunner e-mail via OE. I
    can
    > go
    > > to webmail and get it fine but cannot connect to my provider
    (cfl.rr.com)
    > > port to pull my mail down......any ideas?
    > >
    > > TIA

    Try lowering the MTU value on your router in steps of 10 until it works (if
    you have to go >200 lower from the default then it may not be an MTU
    problem). This seems to be one of the general solutions from Linksys if
    mail cannot be downloaded.

    -Yves

    > If I go hardwired from the cable modem to my nic card all is fine...
    > Not a new ISP - been thru RR for a few years. It says it cant connect
    > to my pop3 account.
    >

    > "Yves Konigshofer" <yvesk@sStTaAnNfFoOrRdD.edu> wrote in message
    > > Have you changed ISP or is everything through roadrunner? If you
    changed
    > > ISP, then outgoing mail may have to be sent through the new ISP's mail
    > > server. In OE, how did you enter the address of the mail servers? Do
    all
    > > of the addresses end with rr.com or are they abbreviated?
    > >
    > > -Yves
    > >
    > > "Buell" <buell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > > I just purchases the subject router (after returning a Netgear that I
    > gave
    > > > up installing) and I cant see to access roadrunner e-mail via OE. I
    > can
    > > go
    > > > to webmail and get it fine but cannot connect to my provider
    > (cfl.rr.com)
    > > > port to pull my mail down......any ideas?
    > > >
    > > > TIA

    I'll try that, thank you !

    > Try lowering the MTU value on your router in steps of 10 until it works
    (if
    > you have to go >200 lower from the default then it may not be an MTU
    > problem). This seems to be one of the general solutions from Linksys if
    > mail cannot be downloaded.
    >
    > -Yves
    >
    > "Buell" <buell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > If I go hardwired from the cable modem to my nic card all is fine...
    > > Not a new ISP - been thru RR for a few years. It says it cant connect
    > > to my pop3 account.
    > >

    > > "Yves Konigshofer" <yvesk@sStTaAnNfFoOrRdD.edu> wrote in message
    > > > Have you changed ISP or is everything through roadrunner? If you
    > changed
    > > > ISP, then outgoing mail may have to be sent through the new ISP's mail
    > > > server. In OE, how did you enter the address of the mail servers? Do
    > all
    > > > of the addresses end with rr.com or are they abbreviated?
    > > >
    > > > -Yves
    > > >
    > > > "Buell" <buell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > gave
    > > can