Control Panel - View Network connections

Hi,

I have set up a small office network using XP and everything worked OK but
for no reason, or not one I can think of, the network is no longer available
to one PC on the workgroup. When I click "View Network Connections" in
Control Panel to view the IP settings it will not open, I am not too
familiar with network settings but are the two related and how can I restore
the Control Panel item "View Network Connections".

Thanks

Nick

I use a network with a laptop running WIN98SE through ethernet connection
directly to a desktop running WIN XP Home.

Periodically they wouldn't communicate and it always seemed to be the
problem of the laptop.

Sometimes I could go through the Control Panel, select the icon that
represented the LAN and then do a "Repair" function.

Also if you have installed a firewall on either machine this could cause a
problem in that one unit might not be recognized.

Sometimes I have found on a WIN 98 machine that I have had to delete and
reinstall software for the feature to work.

--
Joe