Lulabyte

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2002
<b>Hey, everybody --</b>

My Lian Li PC-71 Black Aluminum USB Case has four front USB ports. Woohoo! I <i>really</i> need those. So, I look at my Asus A7V266-E Socket A Motherboard manual and it says I have two headers that I can use to connect four additional ports. Woohoo, again! This is just dandy! The day's lookin' fine!

Well, I open up my baby/computer and take a gander at those connectors I need to plug into the motherboard and I get confused. o_O I'm a computer newbie/moron, so I played around with the zillions of different arrangements I can plug the USB connectors into the motherboard's two USB headers, and (surprise, surprise) I just can't get them to work! Is there a diagram or something so I know how to plug these suckers in? Or can anybody just tell me how to do it? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

<b>-- Lulabyte</b>

<i>PS : I realize I sound very frustrated in this post, and I apologize. I've been having a few computer problems for a while, and so this is just the stick that broke the donkey's back. Or is it the camel’s back? Ugh. Stop talking, Lindsey. Just stop before you hurt yourself.</i> :-X

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Normally USB connector tails have a red wire on one side and two black wires on the other (ground and chassis ground) on a 5 pin connector, or the same arrangement in two rows on a 10 pin connector. The red wire goes to Pin 1.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>