  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 16, 2004 2:47:01 AM

Whenever i go to put pictures onto a Cd from "my pictures" under picture tasks, i get a little window that says
-copy here
-move here
-create shortcuts here
-cancel
now what the heck does that mean, also when i click on create shortcuts it says "missing shortcut" how do i change the shortcut so that way it goes to the right drive. Please help if you can!!!! i need it alot! thanks!

More about : change missing shortcut

July 16, 2004 3:00:04 AM

by the way this is for Windows XP professional

"Danielle" wrote:

> Whenever i go to put pictures onto a Cd from "my pictures" under picture tasks, i get a little window that says
> -copy here
> -move here
> -create shortcuts here
> -cancel
> now what the heck does that mean, also when i click on create shortcuts it says "missing shortcut" how do i change the shortcut so that way it goes to the right drive. Please help if you can!!!! i need it alot! thanks!
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 10:26:13 AM

Hi Danielle,

Do not use the "create shortcut" for that task. A shortcut is nothing more
than a quick link to the actual location of a file, folder, or network
point. It is part of the explorer shell commands, so that is why it shows up
there, but you would want to use the "copy here" option.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Danielle" <Danielle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever i go to put pictures onto a Cd from "my pictures" under picture
tasks, i get a little window that says
> -copy here
> -move here
> -create shortcuts here
> -cancel
> now what the heck does that mean, also when i click on create shortcuts it
says "missing shortcut" how do i change the shortcut so that way it goes to
the right drive. Please help if you can!!!! i need it alot! thanks!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:11:55 PM

You put files on a CD, not shortcuts to files that are stored elsewhere.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Danielle" <Danielle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever i go to put pictures onto a Cd from "my pictures" under picture
> tasks, i get a little window that says
> -copy here
> -move here
> -create shortcuts here
> -cancel
> now what the heck does that mean, also when i click on create shortcuts it
> says "missing shortcut" how do i change the shortcut so that way it goes
> to the right drive. Please help if you can!!!! i need it alot! thanks!
July 16, 2004 3:11:56 PM

Yes i know but no matter which one i push whether its copy here, move here or whatever nothing happens and i am so confused. I tried it at my friends house who has the exact same thing as me and when you press copy all files to cd it just starts copying to the cd.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> You put files on a CD, not shortcuts to files that are stored elsewhere.
>
> --
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
>

> "Danielle" <Danielle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever i go to put pictures onto a Cd from "my pictures" under picture
> > tasks, i get a little window that says
> > -copy here
> > -move here
> > -create shortcuts here
> > -cancel
> > now what the heck does that mean, also when i click on create shortcuts it
> > says "missing shortcut" how do i change the shortcut so that way it goes
> > to the right drive. Please help if you can!!!! i need it alot! thanks!

July 16, 2004 3:17:01 PM

look at richard urbans because i responded to that one and meant to respond to yours...

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Danielle,
>
> Do not use the "create shortcut" for that task. A shortcut is nothing more
> than a quick link to the actual location of a file, folder, or network
> point. It is part of the explorer shell commands, so that is why it shows up
> there, but you would want to use the "copy here" option.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Danielle" <Danielle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever i go to put pictures onto a Cd from "my pictures" under picture
> tasks, i get a little window that says
> > -copy here
> > -move here
> > -create shortcuts here
> > -cancel
> > now what the heck does that mean, also when i click on create shortcuts it
> says "missing shortcut" how do i change the shortcut so that way it goes to
> the right drive. Please help if you can!!!! i need it alot! thanks!

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 12:12:13 AM

Hi Danielle,

Start here:

HOW TO: Copy Information to a CD in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306524

There is a section on troubleshooting.