WRTG54G & MN-740 Xbox Connection Problem

Cannot make wireless connection to XBOX Live......DNS NOT
FOUND "No DNS Server addresses were received from the
DHCP or PPPoE server. Enter the DNS Server(s) provided by
your ISP in the Network Settings menu"

Upgraded firmware of router and adapter to:

Linksys WRTG54G Firmware Version v2.04.3 & Microsoft MN-
740 Firmware Version 1.0.2.21 Boot:1.3.0.05

Router and XBOX Dashboard set for Auto DHCP. 128 bits
WEP enabled with the appropriate key matching.
Infrastructure mode. UPnP disabled.
I've even manually entered the Network Settings into Xbox
without connection success.

Two notebooks have no problem with getting IP assignment
and connecting wirelessly. However, I have noticed that
before router firmware upgrade my signal strength in this
particular location of the house was good to
excellent....post upgrade signal strength now low, very
low, to intermittent disconnect with very low Mbps.
Also,3 Ethernet connections with no problems after upgrade

In the Wireless section of the XBOX dashboard I can see
the wireless connection but it is slow, signal strength
low and connection is intermittent

TIA for any assistance anyone can provide.....I've seen
post in this newsgroup that addressed other issues
regarding these two devices but none specifically to this
problem. The MN-740 user guide nor the www.xbox.com/connect
site has a resolution.

Vinny

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:59:06 GMT, "Vincenzo Illuminati"
<vincenzo_illuminati@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Cannot make wireless connection to XBOX Live......DNS NOT
>FOUND "No DNS Server addresses were received from the
>DHCP or PPPoE server. Enter the DNS Server(s) provided by
>your ISP in the Network Settings menu"
>
>Upgraded firmware of router and adapter to:
>
>Linksys WRTG54G Firmware Version v2.04.3 & Microsoft MN-
>740 Firmware Version 1.0.2.21 Boot:1.3.0.05
>
>Router and XBOX Dashboard set for Auto DHCP. 128 bits
>WEP enabled with the appropriate key matching.
>Infrastructure mode. UPnP disabled.
>I've even manually entered the Network Settings into Xbox
>without connection success.
>
>Two notebooks have no problem with getting IP assignment
>and connecting wirelessly. However, I have noticed that
>before router firmware upgrade my signal strength in this
>particular location of the house was good to
>excellent....post upgrade signal strength now low, very
>low, to intermittent disconnect with very low Mbps.
>Also,3 Ethernet connections with no problems after upgrade
>
>In the Wireless section of the XBOX dashboard I can see
>the wireless connection but it is slow, signal strength
>low and connection is intermittent
>
>TIA for any assistance anyone can provide.....I've seen
>post in this newsgroup that addressed other issues
>regarding these two devices but none specifically to this
>problem. The MN-740 user guide nor the www.xbox.com/connect
>site has a resolution.
>
>Vinny

I am having the exact same problem with the same hardware. If I new of
another 802.11g solution for the Xbox I would go with it. I think I
might just have to return it cause I am only about 25' away and my
xbox cant maintain a decent connection. I tried different channels too
but that didn't work either.