todolIT

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the MSI SiS 745 Ultra motherboard. Here's my problem. I'm trying to set this machine up and I've installed the CPU/heatsink, memory and graphics card and turned it on. It gets to the MSI boot screen and then I hear this awful warning sound. The sound isn't described anywhere in their documentation so I'm dying to know what it means. The memory tested out fine in another machine. The CPU didn't so I got an RMA for it. I just got the new CPU and it does the same thing. Can anyone help me with this my specs are below. Thanks

MSI 745 Ultra
AMD XP 1700+
256 Crucial Memory (1 stick)
3dfx PCI graphics card (Voodoo 3000)
Swiftech Heatsink
Enlight Case

Thanks that's all I have installed so far

-TodolIT

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
Hýmmm.. What kind of sound is that? 3 short-beeps for example? You said that you can see MSI boot screen, but what's it, BIOS?

<b>Before getting angry to the (d)evil, just think about who CREATED it!</b> :mad:

todolIT

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
Not any beeps just like a siren. Two different tones one right after the other, continuously. There is an MSI logo instead of showing regular bios bootup. The message at the bottom says:
<TAB> POST <DEL> for BIOS

but I can't do either becuase the keyboard isn't functioning

-TodolIT

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
Keyboard not functioning, huh? Hýmm i think this problem is a bit much for me.. :frown: You better wait for a expert to help you.

<b>Before getting angry to the (d)evil, just think about who CREATED it!</b> :mad:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think the siren is a POWER FAILURE warning! Either your voltages are WAY off, indicating a bad power supply, or your motherboard has bad capacitors, which isn't likely on a new board, or the most likely problem, that you've probably ground out a circuit on the back of the motherboard to the chasis through a misplaced mounting post!

BTW, this last scenario could damage all kinds of parts and it would be your fault!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>