Wireless session loss....

All:

I have a wireless setup that is functioning normally with one desktop
machine, but dropping connections every few seconds on a laptop
device. Signal strength is excellent, and I've already moved the
router to a different location.

I read a similar thread that suggested one open a window and start a
perpetual ping to another address, and that definitely slowed down the
frequency of the lost connections, but didn't eliminate them
completely. Is this indicative of some peculiar timeout setting I
could change?

Environs: XP Pro laptop w/Dlink DWL-G630 w/encryption, DI-524 router
(latest firmware 1.05)..

Any thoughts appreciated,
David

the only think i has this happen to me within xp was when using buffalos
latest client manager and trying to use wpa-psk and aes together, cause my
connection to fail every few seconds, now having to use zero config in xp,
;-( but at least my connection stays up!!

Louis

"David Whitney" <intrepid_dw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All:
>
> I have a wireless setup that is functioning normally with one desktop
> machine, but dropping connections every few seconds on a laptop
> device. Signal strength is excellent, and I've already moved the
> router to a different location.
>
> I read a similar thread that suggested one open a window and start a
> perpetual ping to another address, and that definitely slowed down the
> frequency of the lost connections, but didn't eliminate them
> completely. Is this indicative of some peculiar timeout setting I
> could change?
>
> Environs: XP Pro laptop w/Dlink DWL-G630 w/encryption, DI-524 router
> (latest firmware 1.05)..
>
> Any thoughts appreciated,
> David

intrepid_dw@hotmail.com (David Whitney) wrote in message news:<63563b00.0408011712.25ae0e5f@posting.google.com>...

The 1.05 firmware is buggy; revert to 1.03.

John Land