Wireless session loss....

All:

I have a wireless setup that is functioning normally with one desktop
machine, but dropping connections every few seconds on a laptop
device. Signal strength is excellent, and I've already moved the
router to a different location.

I read a similar thread that suggested one open a window and start a
perpetual ping to another address, and that definitely slowed down the
frequency of the lost connections, but didn't eliminate them
completely. Is this indicative of some peculiar timeout setting I
could change?

Environs: XP Pro laptop w/Dlink DWL-G630 w/encryption, DI-524 router
(latest firmware 1.05)..

Any thoughts appreciated,
David
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless session loss

    the only think i has this happen to me within xp was when using buffalos
    latest client manager and trying to use wpa-psk and aes together, cause my
    connection to fail every few seconds, now having to use zero config in xp,
    ;-( but at least my connection stays up!!

    Louis

    "David Whitney" <intrepid_dw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > All:
    >
    > I have a wireless setup that is functioning normally with one desktop
    > machine, but dropping connections every few seconds on a laptop
    > device. Signal strength is excellent, and I've already moved the
    > router to a different location.
    >
    > I read a similar thread that suggested one open a window and start a
    > perpetual ping to another address, and that definitely slowed down the
    > frequency of the lost connections, but didn't eliminate them
    > completely. Is this indicative of some peculiar timeout setting I
    > could change?
    >
    > Environs: XP Pro laptop w/Dlink DWL-G630 w/encryption, DI-524 router
    > (latest firmware 1.05)..
    >
    > Any thoughts appreciated,
    > David

    intrepid_dw@hotmail.com (David Whitney) wrote in message news:<63563b00.0408011712.25ae0e5f@posting.google.com>...

    The 1.05 firmware is buggy; revert to 1.03.

    John Land

    > All:
    >
    > I have a wireless setup that is functioning normally with one desktop
    > machine, but dropping connections every few seconds on a laptop
    > device. Signal strength is excellent, and I've already moved the
    > router to a different location.
    >
    > I read a similar thread that suggested one open a window and start a
    > perpetual ping to another address, and that definitely slowed down the
    > frequency of the lost connections, but didn't eliminate them
    > completely. Is this indicative of some peculiar timeout setting I
    > could change?
    >
    > Environs: XP Pro laptop w/Dlink DWL-G630 w/encryption, DI-524 router
    > (latest firmware 1.05)..
    >
    > Any thoughts appreciated,
    > David

Wireless Internet Wireless Networking