Headset Without Earphones?

bjp2592

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2007
I am looking to start using Teamspeak and I need to get a microphone. I'd really like a headset but all of the ones I can find have "quality" headphones. I have a really good sound system and don't want to use their crappy headphones. In fact I don't want to use headphones at all but I do want a headset-type microphone.

Are there any headsets that only include a microphone without all the headphones?

Thanks!

bjp2592

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2007
Probably because I wasn't aware of such a thing. Where would you go to buy one of those? I see some on the Net but they don't say how long the cord is which is a key issue. Cordless would be even better...

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
Probably because I wasn't aware of such a thing. Where would you go to buy one of those? I see some on the Net but they don't say how long the cord is which is a key issue. Cordless would be even better...

Get a clip-mike or a collar-mike.

I used to have a nice Sennheiser collar mike (until I broke it). Was great for taunting my housemates when playing AoE, and it had the benefit that the mike didn't get in the way of your mouth when drinking beer :wink:

If the cable is too short, just get an extension cable - they're dirt cheap.

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
A note of caution. If you are opting for just a microphone to use with your speaker system, be careful the loudspeakers don`t drowned out your speach with echo when you speak. That is the primary reason for headphone/microphone combinations when using online community speach programs. Goodluck

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
what's taking so long for a bluetooth gaming headset/mic solution? I hate the wire all over the place from my headset while playing. There's bluetooth mono headsets for cell phones all over the place, but so far I have only found one pair of wireless wraparound headphones with a mic and I don't think it's bluetooth, and it looks really cheap (especially the mic, which is actually removable). I want to buy this product, please someone manufacture it! Quality headphones with nice sound isolation (maybe even cancellation) and a good mic, wireless (bluetooth would be better though of course).