how to disable pop up blocker

Hi everyone. Well, I have a little problem and I hope someone can help me. One day I noticed in my computer a little picture in the bottom right corner an icon for AdDestroyer which supposedly blocks pop ups. Well, no one installed that program and I have been trying to erase it but I can't. It doesn't show in the add/remove programs in the control panel. also I'd like to get rid of it and know how to disable pop up blocker. Whenever I entered a website (school's for example) some of the contents come in window like pop ups and the computer just doesn't allow them to come up. Please I need help becuase I have a computer at home but I have to use the library's becuase of this issue. Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about disable blocker

    "bj-ramirez" <bj-ramirez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > Hi everyone. Well, I have a little problem and I hope someone can help me. One
    day I noticed in my computer a little picture in the bottom right corner an icon for
    AdDestroyer which supposedly blocks pop ups. Well, no one installed that program
    and I have been trying to erase it but I can't. It doesn't show in the add/remove
    programs in the control panel. also I'd like to get rid of it and know how to
    disable pop up blocker. Whenever I entered a website (school's for example) some of
    the contents come in window like pop ups and the computer just doesn't allow them to
    come up. Please I need help becuase I have a computer at home but I have to use the
    library's becuase of this issue. Thanks in advance.

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.addestroyer.html

    ~Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) AH-VSOP
    Anti-Parasite Definition Updates

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Usually right click the icon then left click disable or exit.
    To disaable totally:
    Type msconfig in run box.
    Find it in Startup tab then uncheck it.
    Restart PC and ignore warnings.