how to disable pop up blocker

Hi everyone. Well, I have a little problem and I hope someone can help me. One day I noticed in my computer a little picture in the bottom right corner an icon for AdDestroyer which supposedly blocks pop ups. Well, no one installed that program and I have been trying to erase it but I can't. It doesn't show in the add/remove programs in the control panel. also I'd like to get rid of it and know how to disable pop up blocker. Whenever I entered a website (school's for example) some of the contents come in window like pop ups and the computer just doesn't allow them to come up. Please I need help becuase I have a computer at home but I have to use the library's becuase of this issue. Thanks in advance.

"bj-ramirez" <bj-ramirez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone. Well, I have a little problem and I hope someone can help me. One
day I noticed in my computer a little picture in the bottom right corner an icon for
AdDestroyer which supposedly blocks pop ups. Well, no one installed that program
and I have been trying to erase it but I can't. It doesn't show in the add/remove
programs in the control panel. also I'd like to get rid of it and know how to
disable pop up blocker. Whenever I entered a website (school's for example) some of
the contents come in window like pop ups and the computer just doesn't allow them to
come up. Please I need help becuase I have a computer at home but I have to use the
library's becuase of this issue. Thanks in advance.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.addestroyer.html

~Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) AH-VSOP
Anti-Parasite Definition Updates

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Usually right click the icon then left click disable or exit.
To disaable totally:
Type msconfig in run box.
Find it in Startup tab then uncheck it.
Restart PC and ignore warnings.