how do i remove screen saver

July 17, 2004 2:14:52 PM

one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How can
I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?

More about : remove screen saver

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 8:01:11 PM

Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Screen Saver and select None or
something else.

"rc" <rc@home> wrote in message
news:o Li6whAbEHA.3604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How
can
> I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?

July 17, 2004 8:01:12 PM

i'm sorry I may not have been clear, I don't want this particular screen
saver to even be an option. How do I remove from the screen saver option
box?
"Raoul" <noname@noname.net> wrote in message
> Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Screen Saver and select None or
> something else.
>

> "rc" <rc@home> wrote in message
> news:o Li6whAbEHA.3604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How
> can
> > I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 18, 2004 3:45:06 PM

You can either delete the "My Pictures Slideshow screensaver" file or
move it to another folder.

The file is called SSMYPICS.SCR and is in C:\Windows\System32

rc wrote:

> one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How can
> I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?

July 19, 2004 10:34:55 AM

thanks. I found that I could configure the ssmypics.scr file to point any
file I choose. I appreciate the help
news:o uujLRLbEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

!