how do i remove screen saver

one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How can
I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?
4 answers Last reply
More about remove screen saver

    Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Screen Saver and select None or
    something else.

    "rc" <rc@home> wrote in message
    > one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How
    can
    > I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?

    i'm sorry I may not have been clear, I don't want this particular screen
    saver to even be an option. How do I remove from the screen saver option
    box?
    "Raoul" <noname@noname.net> wrote in message
    > Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Screen Saver and select None or
    > something else.
    >

    > "rc" <rc@home> wrote in message
    > > one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How
    > can
    > > I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?

    You can either delete the "My Pictures Slideshow screensaver" file or
    move it to another folder.

    The file is called SSMYPICS.SCR and is in C:\Windows\System32

    rc wrote:

    > one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How can
    > I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?

    thanks. I found that I could configure the ssmypics.scr file to point any
    file I choose. I appreciate the help
    "Tony" <aje_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > You can either delete the "My Pictures Slideshow screensaver" file or
    > move it to another folder.
    >
    > The file is called SSMYPICS.SCR and is in C:\Windows\System32
    >
    > rc wrote:
    >
    > > one of my "my pictures" slideshow has become a screen saver option. How
    can
    > > I remove it so that it no longer can be set as screen saver?

Microsoft Windows XP