Sign in with
Your question

is this PC will run Crysis at max Detail in 1920X1200????

Last response: in Video Games
April 13, 2007 6:10:47 PM

hi,
this is my "current rig" for my future PC in a couple of months.
is it gonna run Crysis at max detail in 1920X1200 (on my 24" srceen)?
Q6600 with zalman 9700 fan.
2G or 4G Ram (depend on cost of the fastest ram available at the time)
2 X 8800GTX. if the price will b worth it. it this sli or 1 r600 if it will be better.
3 HD 250G on Raid 0.
Audigy 4 pro (i already have)..

if you say 1 VGA card will do it, than 1 card it will be.
i want to see one game in my life the way we see it on the net for once!
i think it's the best game... so he's the target now...

thanks...
April 13, 2007 7:10:06 PM

No, 5 fps maybe. That could be stretching it.
Related resources
April 15, 2007 11:31:22 PM

As far as I know, the official system requirements for Crysis have not been released yet. Thus, it is hard to tell if your rig will run Crysis at max detail in 1920 x 1200. Crysis is also my target game, as it will be the first true Directx 10 game.
April 16, 2007 1:32:41 PM

Quote:
No, 5 fps maybe. That could be stretching it.

realy?????????????????

how can i get an answer from the guys here at TG that tested the game... the guys did a video preview of it... & they played on dell's 24" 1920X1200 & it runed great!

this video preview....
http://www.tomshardware.com/site/flash_videos/crysis_video_preview.html

thanks....

/remove sarcasm from my post

That rig will probably kill Crysis. Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to say really, but what I can say is, I love CHEESE!
April 16, 2007 3:41:56 PM

hi man,
1st i didn't believe u for 1 min... but played the game.
i don't think the game will kill crysis coz i heared in "INCRYSIS forum" that all pc's used in ces to show the game- & is says there were very powerfull... did have problems.

even one man said any rig today will not run it at max details + AA + AF at a res over 1280X1024.

for now- we can wait & c...
what i know for shure is that i have to wait to july-october... depend on my Seminars in the University... coz if i'll have this pc now (it cost here like 20,000 shekels=~ 5000$ not includuing the LCD 24" [another 1500$])
not only it will be freaky expencive, i will not studie at all & always play games....)
April 17, 2007 1:00:52 PM

If nVIDIA claims are true, Crysis will run at 30 FPS on your system or even 60 FPS if they optimise the code even more.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/780/780314p1.html

IGN AU: Crysis is probably the other really big DX10 example. We've heard a few reports about the performance of that under DX10 and we have an expectation of how this game will look, based on all the screens that have come out. Can you comment on the performance of that? Will we get to see all of this eye candy running on today's hardware?

Keita Iida: We have nothing but pure confidence - especially with 8800-series cards - that with Crysis, you're going to have a tremendous experience. Again, since they're developing with 8800 as a reference, their target is going to be 30, if not 60, frames per second at relatively high resolutions. With DX10, given that it's a clean break from DX9, there are a lot of new art assets that need to be created; there are a lot of special effects that need to be written. Usually what they do is, when they take the DX9 engine and port it to DX10, they need the underlying renderer to support the DX10 features, and then they add the features on top of it - whether it's art or game-building.

What happens is, first, you need to get the game up and running; get the features implemented. Right now, Crytek, with Crysis, is in the process of adding new features and will soon be at the optimisation stage. That said, we would love to show you the game running on 8800 hardware, but we're bound by NDAs, and that's a decision bound by EA and Crytek; but we have every confidence that, by the time it's ready to be demonstrated to the public on DX10 with the 8800 or whatever advanced hardware is available at the time, it's going to run perfectly fine.
April 18, 2007 12:47:57 PM

they have destroyed the far cry franchise when they included ridiculous alien's, I wont be buying it, my pc can handle it i'm sure, but its turned to shit, waiting for alan wake and stalker :) 
April 18, 2007 1:55:44 PM

Quote:
they have destroyed the far cry franchise when they included ridiculous alien's, I wont be buying it, my pc can handle it i'm sure, but its turned to ****, waiting for alan wake and stalker :) 

"The farcry franchise" lol..... stalker is already out and it sorta blows, alan wake, wait a while... this is CRYSIS, a new game although with the same crap, different pile, mercs = korean, mutant = aliens with big robots, im gonna be getting crysis whether it runs on my PC or not, just look at the tech demos, no game compares, anyways. Farcry's publisher is developping farcry 2, i wont be touching that, you can go ahead.
April 18, 2007 9:09:46 PM

come on lets not take this out of proportion. Ofcourse you can play crysis on full settings with 2 GTXs and 4gb ram. Heck you can even play crysis with a SM 2 card.
!