javazon

Gidday,

I want to know howto build a good javazon.
Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
What about a merc for a javazon.
What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?

Newslord wrote:
> Gidday,
>
> I want to know howto build a good javazon.
> Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
> What about a merc for a javazon.
> What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?

Pay no attention to Desktop's charade. He may the best Diablo 2 player
in the universe but he never had the pleasure of watching my wife play
a javazon so there is no way he could ever be considered the ultimate
source in javazon builds.

My build is a slight variant of my wife's javazon build and my javazon
can run through areas of hell all by her little lonesome.

Well maybe I'm not the ultimate source but I will tell you what my
successful build was and is. However I am at a anti-realms PC right now
so I have to work from memory on this one.

I have the following maxed Lightning Fury, Plague Javelin and Poison
Javelin (synergy to plague)

I might have Valk maxed. I have one point in all of passives. +1 skills
get them all up to a manageable point.

Anything that is not lightning immune, especially packs get laid to
waste in no time, especially with the valk helping out. Sometimes the
act 2 defiance merc helps too by surviving and killing. It would be
nice if there were commands that would keep the merc back with the
javazon so he can simply supply the aura and not go up in the fight and
get killed.

If something is lightning immune, the plague javelin takes care of them
in about 12 seconds or less. Sometimes a repeat is needed. But as the
valk and merc are stabbing away the plague is working deep into the
veins of the beasts and it is amazing to just watch them (the beasts)
drop dead where they stand and battle. Ocassionally the zon runs up
close with them and jabs away. (1 point in Jab plus + skills)

If there are a pack of lighning immunes and a pack of not-lite immune,
first I hit the LI with the plague. Then I aim the lightning fury at
them. They do not take lightning damage from it but they do take
pysical damage and the lightning arcs out and takes down the non-lite
immunes.

If a boss is both lightning and poison immune, I take out all the other
creatures first using the above tactics, then that boss is left to fend
for itself and has the same chance as a snowball in hell when dealing
with the physical damage of the valk, merc and zon.

I do not remember stat point distribution. Javelins vary where some
require little strength and some a little more.

My zon has Titan's Revenge (a gift from Hammy, I think)and I also found
a Titan's for my wife's zon. The build above seems to work well with
the Titan's. The Titan's is extra stacked (Freudian slip) and
replenishes quantity. So I can't guarantee that my build will work with
a non-Titan's javelin. Perhaps someone else will comment.

There are plenty of gloves availble with + skills. A smoke seems to do
well for armor. A shield with super resists helps me also. If resists
are in good shape, perhaps a Spirit shield (new rune word) would be
awesome.

I can send this girl out to MF in hell. She survives. I do not send her
to solo Diablo on MF runs, although she could, only because one must
consider the time factor in their MF runs. And she synergizes well in
party play in hell.

Desktop, too bad you never watched my wife play her javazon.
Orion Ryder

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Newslord wrote:
> Gidday,
>
> I want to know howto build a good javazon.
> Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
> What about a merc for a javazon.
> What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?

Let's start with the skill points! A good place to start is the Javelin and
Spear skills tree:
Lightning Fury: Max
Charged Strike: Max, this is you boss killer!
Jab: One point to help your mercenary and Valkyrie kill Lightning immunes.
Lightning Bolt: A nice synergy for CS and to a lesser extent for LF. You can
hold off maxing this one if I remember correctly.

Passive and Magic skills tree:
Valkyrie: Max. At least that is what I did and I'm mighty pleased I did.
All the rest: One point was enough for me.

Bow and Crossbow skills tree:
Nah

I went with a Might mercenary to help me off Lightning immunes quicker. A
Holy Freeze mercenary would be a good choice as well if you want to take
fewer hits.

You want stat points? Ok, I'll give you stat points! I went with enough
strength for my equipment, enough dexterity to leech back life and mana and
keep my block at 75%, base energy and the rest in vitality.

When it comes to equipment you can get by with pretty much anything, as long
as you have a decent javelin. If you happen to have a stack of Titan's
Revenge you're pretty much set. You'll want a lot of mana leech and / or a
big mana pool to keep your fury up.

A good amount of piercing will help you take down large crowds faster, but
in my opinion around 60-70% chance is more than enough. If you disagree you're
probably wearing a Razortail belt.

On switch you might want to have a wand with Lower Resist charges. If you
have friends you can team up with Necromancers or Conviction Paladins. I
have neither.

My Javazon is now 89 and all dressed up in MF gear.

desktop at home dot se

"Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in message
> Newslord wrote:
> > Gidday,
> >
> > I want to know howto build a good javazon.
> > Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
> > What about a merc for a javazon.
> > What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?
>
> Let's start with the skill points! A good place to start is the Javelin
and
> Spear skills tree:
> Lightning Fury: Max
> Charged Strike: Max, this is you boss killer!
> Jab: One point to help your mercenary and Valkyrie kill Lightning immunes.
> Lightning Bolt: A nice synergy for CS and to a lesser extent for LF. You
can
> hold off maxing this one if I remember correctly.
>
> Passive and Magic skills tree:
> Valkyrie: Max. At least that is what I did and I'm mighty pleased I did.
> All the rest: One point was enough for me.
>
> Bow and Crossbow skills tree:
> Nah

Here is where I would disagree with you, if you use a bow on switch, the
freezing arrow part of the bow tree is a good choice for both crowd control
and a possible attack against lightning/physical immunes. Not that I ran
into one or more of those in every act but they seemed to cluster everywhere
that I wanted to go. Two light/phys immune bosses right at the start of hell
maggot lair that I had to get past with my rogues open wound bow and my
plague jav while the valk pounded away for no damage (but at least it
blocked the way so that the bosses couldn't get to us). My bowzon with FA
just fires arrows in that case till she runs out of mana or the monster dies
from cold.

> I went with a Might mercenary to help me off Lightning immunes quicker. A
> Holy Freeze mercenary would be a good choice as well if you want to take
> fewer hits.

With a maxed valk to tank, you actually have your choice of any merc,
whatever your equipment and playing style agrees with. With a spirit sword,
vipermagi and lidless available even an act three cold merc might fire fast
enough to kill in hell, it would at least give you a cold attack to use
against light/physical immunes.

> You want stat points? Ok, I'll give you stat points! I went with enough
> strength for my equipment, enough dexterity to leech back life and mana
and
> keep my block at 75%, base energy and the rest in vitality.

No disagreement here, that is a formula for success. It helps to know what
you are going to have for equipment later, that way you can plan ahead.

> When it comes to equipment you can get by with pretty much anything, as
long
> as you have a decent javelin. If you happen to have a stack of Titan's
> Revenge you're pretty much set. You'll want a lot of mana leech and / or a
> big mana pool to keep your fury up.

I was introduced to LF as the skill you could use with a cracked javalin. It
will clear areas no matter what the jav you are holding. For me any jav with
self replenish is usable, that is the important line I look for when picking
up javs. Now I have a twink set of javs that go all the way from lvl 1 till
I can equip titans all with replenish (with diff damage and skill adds etc
that progress till lvl 42). Any jav with the replenish stat only cost 1 to
fix, if you don't have the time to wait for them to fix themselves.

Orchid wrote:
> Orion Ryder <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Newslord wrote:
> > > Gidday,
> > >
> > > I want to know howto build a good javazon.
> > > Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
> > > What about a merc for a javazon.
> > > What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?
> >
> > Pay no attention to Desktop's charade.
>
> I've heard he's better at charades than actually speaking.
>
> > I have the following maxed Lightning Fury, Plague Javelin and
Poison
> > Javelin (synergy to plague)
> >
> > I might have Valk maxed. I have one point in all of passives. +1
skills
> > get them all up to a manageable point.
>
> This was my build for my very first 1.10 character. Paired with a
Holy
> Freeze merc (and max or high level valk), you don't have any problems
> with this build, even in full mf gear.
>
> Shari

Thank you Shari for confirming that this is a good build.

See newslord. Now aren't you glad we did not let you fall victim to
Desktop's charades. Just to let you know, that might have been the
first step towards him getting you to join his cult. :)

BTW don't forget the 1 point in Jab that was further down in my post.
Good luck and may the gods of adventuring smile upon you.

Orion Ryder

Orion Ryder <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Newslord wrote:
> > Gidday,
> >
> > I want to know howto build a good javazon.
> > Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
> > What about a merc for a javazon.
> > What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?
>
> Pay no attention to Desktop's charade.

I've heard he's better at charades than actually speaking.

> I have the following maxed Lightning Fury, Plague Javelin and Poison
> Javelin (synergy to plague)
>
> I might have Valk maxed. I have one point in all of passives. +1 skills
> get them all up to a manageable point.

This was my build for my very first 1.10 character. Paired with a Holy
Freeze merc (and max or high level valk), you don't have any problems
with this build, even in full mf gear.

Shari

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Newslord wrote:
> Gidday,
>
> I want to know howto build a good javazon.
> Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
> What about a merc for a javazon.
> What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?

That will depends on what you intend your Javazon to be. MF'er, cow
runner, or just a general char that can run Hell solo?
Either way, I think everyone agress that Lightning Fury (LF) is a must
for a Javazon, so go ahead and max that.
Charged Strike (CS) is a good single monster killer and also a synergy
to LF, so I suggest to max that as well.
1 point to each passive skills.

The rest will differ depending on your preferred build.

For a cow runner: max Valkyrie, defiance or might merc, never holy
freeze merc. Equip your merc in Damage Reduced items, e.g. Shaftstop
(upgraded), Vampire Gaze or Rockstopper. Add more points to Pierce,
probably around 80% after items. The rest of the skill points goes to
(can't remember which ones) the skills that allows you to avoid melee
attack while standing and attacking. Or maxing another LF synergy
instead won't hurt either, only 1% but with high level Pierce this will
help your clearing speed.

General Hell runner: Max Fend, this is your main skill to deal with
LI's. 0 or 20 points Valk depends on your gear (and merc choice).

MF'er: Look at Desktop's post :)

Item choices (again depends on your preffered build, but here are some
ideas):
Hat: Griffon, Harlequin Crest, +2 Tiara/Diadem with good mods.
Body: Upgraded Vipermagi, Upgraded Shaft, Upgraded Twitchroe.
Weapon: Titan's --> pretty much a must have, fairly easy to get.
Shield: Stormshield
Belt: Thundergod
Glove: Upgraded Bloodfist, Laying of Hand, +2/+3 Javelin
Shoes: Natalya's (FRW and some resist), Sandstorm (for str stacking)
Rings: Raven Frost, Manald Heal, Wisp Projector
Amulet: rare +2 skill with other good mods

Stat allocation:
Str: enough for items
Dex: at least enough for 75% block
Vit: as many as you can afford
Ene: leave at base (use Infinity stick if you don't have enough Mana
leech items)

Woohoo my first guide!

I have a lvl 87 Javazon, who can solo Chaos Sancty (or WSK when there
are no LI's).

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Mark wrote:
> "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > For a cow runner: max Valkyrie, defiance or might merc, never holy
> > freeze merc.
>
> I haven't played a cowgirl in a while, but they do best with no merc
> or valk. The only thing a minion will do is screw things up as you
run
> around and herd the cows into great big groups. Maybe cast a Decoy in
> front of yourself when you finally stop to chuck javelins.

Oh, that's right. With Evade, then no minions would be best to herd
them cows. I built my Javazon with intended purpose of CS & WSK runs,
therefore the other skill is better (avoid while standing) to deal with
LI's.
I'm playing on dial up, Valk and merc have saved me several times
during lag spikes :)

> > Add more points to Pierce,
> > probably around 80% after items.
>
> Make that 100%. Razortail belt helps save skill points for this.

Ayup, that will work, unless you (like me) prefer Thundergod. In my
case, lvl 4 (IIRC) hard points in Pierce gives ~80% already, so I opt
for the TGV belt.

> > The rest of the skill points goes to
> > (can't remember which ones) the skills that allows you to avoid
> melee
> > attack while standing and attacking.
>
> Actually the one I prefer is Evade, the one that protects you when
> running. The key to a quick cow runner is herding the cows together.
> With 100% pierce, a whole cow levels worth of cows can go poof in an
> instant even if you're using a cracked javelin. I actually watched
the
> legendary Wild Bill do it with a nekkid Zon using a cracked javelins
> years ago. The key is running back and forth in wide arcs to gather
> all the cows. Wild Bill could gather all the cows into 1 or 2 groups.
> It usually takes mr 4-5 groups. But in any case, Evade will help
> protect you while herding.

I actually work my herding techniques based on the merc's behavior,
Valk is usually ignored by the cows (or she ignores the cows). My merc
is using Up'ed Shaft, 20% DR Gaze, and Reaper's Toll. This is what
always happens, when I start running in between 2 packs, they will
always merge, merc starts hitting and casts decrepify on a large group,
the rest will continue chasing me. I'd get 2-3 more packs, then turn
back, going around the decrepified groups and start throwing javelins
from approximately my original spot before start herding.
This technique probably only works with my current item setup, i.e.
Reaper & DR on merc, FRW on Zon. 98% of the time, I don't take a
single hit while herding. Merc only ever dies in the event of lag
spikes and when I stumbled on skill keys :)
My average clearing speed is 3 mins if every group of less than 4 is
skipped; 7 mins for every single cow dead; no objects/chests are
clicked in either case; Elvis killed, note that this is where merc (and
Valk) really help, Elvis is always LI and very high chance of PI.
> IMO of course, YMMV.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

mark

Orion Ryder wrote:
> Newslord wrote:
>> Gidday,
>>
>> I want to know howto build a good javazon.
>> Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
>> What about a merc for a javazon.
>> What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?
>
> Pay no attention to Desktop's charade. He may the best Diablo 2 player
> in the universe but he never had the pleasure of watching my wife play
> a javazon so there is no way he could ever be considered the ultimate
> source in javazon builds.

It's true I've never had the pleasure of watching your wife. Not for lack of
trying though.

> My build is a slight variant of my wife's javazon build and my javazon
> can run through areas of hell all by her little lonesome.
>
> Well maybe I'm not the ultimate source but I will tell you what my
> successful build was and is. However I am at a anti-realms PC right
> now so I have to work from memory on this one.

As long as it's not fiction. ;-)

> I have the following maxed Lightning Fury, Plague Javelin and Poison
> Javelin (synergy to plague)

Sounds like an Orchid (Shari) build to me. I made one of those early on the
first ladder season but never hade the patience/gear to finish her.

> I might have Valk maxed. I have one point in all of passives. +1
> skills get them all up to a manageable point.
>
> Anything that is not lightning immune, especially packs get laid to
> waste in no time, especially with the valk helping out. Sometimes the
> act 2 defiance merc helps too by surviving and killing. It would be
> nice if there were commands that would keep the merc back with the
> javazon so he can simply supply the aura and not go up in the fight
> and get killed.

True, true. But he does his best to get stuck, unfortunately never at the
right moment.

> If something is lightning immune, the plague javelin takes care of
> them in about 12 seconds or less. Sometimes a repeat is needed. But
> as the valk and merc are stabbing away the plague is working deep
> into the veins of the beasts and it is amazing to just watch them
> (the beasts) drop dead where they stand and battle. Ocassionally the
> zon runs up close with them and jabs away. (1 point in Jab plus +
> skills)

My Green Goblinette did the unthinkable and put plenty of points into Fend.
I still haven't forgiven her.

> If there are a pack of lighning immunes and a pack of not-lite immune,
> first I hit the LI with the plague. Then I aim the lightning fury at
> them. They do not take lightning damage from it but they do take
> pysical damage and the lightning arcs out and takes down the non-lite
> immunes.
>
> If a boss is both lightning and poison immune, I take out all the
> other creatures first using the above tactics, then that boss is left
> to fend for itself and has the same chance as a snowball in hell when
> dealing with the physical damage of the valk, merc and zon.
>
> I do not remember stat point distribution. Javelins vary where some
> require little strength and some a little more.
>
> My zon has Titan's Revenge (a gift from Hammy, I think)and I also
> found a Titan's for my wife's zon. The build above seems to work well
> with the Titan's. The Titan's is extra stacked (Freudian slip) and
> replenishes quantity. So I can't guarantee that my build will work
> with a non-Titan's javelin. Perhaps someone else will comment.

No they will not.

> There are plenty of gloves availble with + skills. A smoke seems to do
> well for armor. A shield with super resists helps me also. If resists
> are in good shape, perhaps a Spirit shield (new rune word) would be
> awesome.

Thanks for making the new rune words ladder only Blizzard!

> I can send this girl out to MF in hell. She survives. I do not send
> her to solo Diablo on MF runs, although she could, only because one
> must consider the time factor in their MF runs. And she synergizes
> well in party play in hell.

Charged Strike shines against bosses. Even hell Baal goes down rather
quickly.

> Desktop, too bad you never watched my wife play her javazon.
> Orion Ryder

I'd love to see you wife in action Orion!

desktop at home dot se

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

~misfit~ wrote:
> Desktop wrote:
>>
>> On switch you might want to have a wand with Lower Resist charges. If
>> you have friends you can team up with Necromancers or Conviction
>> Paladins. I
>> have neither.
>
> You don't have friends? I'm all sad now. :-(

Don't be, I'm a horrible person. ;-)

desktop at home dot se

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

john graesser wrote:
> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in message
>> Newslord wrote:
>>> Gidday,
>>>
>>> I want to know howto build a good javazon.
>>> Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
>>> What about a merc for a javazon.
>>> What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?
>>
>> Let's start with the skill points! A good place to start is the
>> Javelin and Spear skills tree:
>> Lightning Fury: Max
>> Charged Strike: Max, this is you boss killer!
>> Jab: One point to help your mercenary and Valkyrie kill Lightning
>> immunes. Lightning Bolt: A nice synergy for CS and to a lesser
>> extent for LF. You can hold off maxing this one if I remember
>> correctly.
>>
>> Passive and Magic skills tree:
>> Valkyrie: Max. At least that is what I did and I'm mighty pleased I
>> did. All the rest: One point was enough for me.
>>
>> Bow and Crossbow skills tree:
>> Nah
>>

> Here is where I would disagree with you, if you use a bow on switch,
> the freezing arrow part of the bow tree is a good choice for both
> crowd control and a possible attack against lightning/physical
> immunes. Not that I ran into one or more of those in every act but
> they seemed to cluster everywhere that I wanted to go. Two light/phys
> immune bosses right at the start of hell maggot lair that I had to
> get past with my rogues open wound bow and my plague jav while the
> valk pounded away for no damage (but at least it blocked the way so
> that the bosses couldn't get to us). My bowzon with FA just fires
> arrows in that case till she runs out of mana or the monster dies
> from cold.

What you are describing is a hybrid, not a javazon. ;-) I haven't made one
in a long time now, but I do like them a lot. How many points in Freezing
Arrow to make is useful? Perhaps I should ditch my favorite skill, Charged
Strike, and go with Lightning Fury + Freezing Arrow + Cold Arrow (synergy) +
Valkyrie (10p) + Guided Arrow (10p)?

desktop at home dot se

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:23:04 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
wrote:

>How many points in Freezing
>Arrow to make is useful?

1 to make it useful, 20 to make it awesome ;-)

> Perhaps I should ditch my favorite skill, Charged
>Strike, and go with Lightning Fury + Freezing Arrow + Cold Arrow (synergy) +
>Valkyrie (10p) + Guided Arrow (10p)?
>
>desktop

Guided has been seriously nerfed, now that it doesn't pierce anymore.
I can't recall ever putting more than 1 hard point in it since 1.10
came out.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Orchid wrote:
> Orion Ryder <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Newslord wrote:
>>> Gidday,
>>>
>>> I want to know howto build a good javazon.
>>> Subjects about howto devide skillpoints en statpoints.
>>> What about a merc for a javazon.
>>> What shoes, suits, weapons etc ?
>>
>> Pay no attention to Desktop's charade.
>
> I've heard he's better at charades than actually speaking.

I should hope so or those four years spent at mime school would be wasted!

>> I have the following maxed Lightning Fury, Plague Javelin and Poison
>> Javelin (synergy to plague)
>>
>> I might have Valk maxed. I have one point in all of passives. +1
>> skills get them all up to a manageable point.
>
> This was my build for my very first 1.10 character. Paired with a Holy
> Freeze merc (and max or high level valk), you don't have any problems
> with this build, even in full mf gear.

But it's a build for girls though. I didn't quite have the patience for it.
Waiting for the poison so do its thing and all that.

> Shari

desktop at home dot se

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

ald wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:23:04 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
> wrote:
>
>> How many points in Freezing
>> Arrow to make is useful?
>
> 1 to make it useful, 20 to make it awesome ;-)

Awesome goes hand in hand with Desktop. :)

>> Perhaps I should ditch my favorite skill, Charged
>> Strike, and go with Lightning Fury + Freezing Arrow + Cold Arrow
>> (synergy) + Valkyrie (10p) + Guided Arrow (10p)?
>>
>> desktop
>
> Guided has been seriously nerfed, now that it doesn't pierce anymore.
> I can't recall ever putting more than 1 hard point in it since 1.10
> came out.

That is true, and it's not as good at finding its target anymore either. I
do need something to take care of act end bosses and I was hoping guided +
crushing blow would be the way to go. I don't blame you though.

desktop at home dot se

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:11:53 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
wrote:

>That is true, and it's not as good at finding its target anymore either. I
>do need something to take care of act end bosses and I was hoping guided +
>crushing blow would be the way to go. I don't blame you though.
>
>desktop

What I use is usually a combination of Freezing and Strafe, Freeze
until mana gets too low, then Strafe until it's full again. That's an
awful lot of points to invest in a hybrid, though :-( It *might* work
with less than maxed Strafe, but since I almost always max Strafe
before FA, I'm not sure.

ald wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:11:53 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
> wrote:
>
>> That is true, and it's not as good at finding its target anymore
>> either. I do need something to take care of act end bosses and I was
>> hoping guided + crushing blow would be the way to go. I don't blame
>> you though.
>>
>> desktop
>
> What I use is usually a combination of Freezing and Strafe, Freeze
> until mana gets too low, then Strafe until it's full again. That's an
> awful lot of points to invest in a hybrid, though :-( It *might* work
> with less than maxed Strafe, but since I almost always max Strafe
> before FA, I'm not sure.

Don't you mean multi shot? ;-) Perhaps I should finish my cold + fire amazon
before I start planning new ones.

desktop at home dot se

"Mark" <mte@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> For a cow runner: max Valkyrie, defiance or might merc, never holy
>> freeze merc.
>
> I haven't played a cowgirl in a while, but they do best with no merc
> or valk. The only thing a minion will do is screw things up as you run
> around and herd the cows into great big groups. Maybe cast a Decoy in
> front of yourself when you finally stop to chuck javelins.
>
>> Add more points to Pierce,
>> probably around 80% after items.
>
> Make that 100%. Razortail belt helps save skill points for this.
>
>> The rest of the skill points goes to
>> (can't remember which ones) the skills that allows you to avoid
> melee
>> attack while standing and attacking.
>
> Actually the one I prefer is Evade, the one that protects you when
> running. The key to a quick cow runner is herding the cows together.
> With 100% pierce, a whole cow levels worth of cows can go poof in an
> instant even if you're using a cracked javelin. I actually watched the
> legendary Wild Bill do it with a nekkid Zon using a cracked javelins
> years ago.

Now for (part of) "the rest of the story" :)

This was a "hardcore" zon, and only around level 70, as I recall, in Hell
Cows. Of course, this was in 1.09, but still, it was amazing. It was a
full eight player game, too, as I recall. The only problem Wild Bill had
was mana. With no mana leach, he ran out quickly! :)

I was there too, it was awesome. Totally naked (except for cracked javelin)
HardCore character cleaing full game hell cows, solo. They didn't call him
"WILD" Bill without good reason. :)

Ruben

> The key is running back and forth in wide arcs to gather
> all the cows. Wild Bill could gather all the cows into 1 or 2 groups.
> It usually takes mr 4-5 groups. But in any case, Evade will help
> protect you while herding.
>
> IMO of course, YMMV.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

mark

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Ruben

Great googly moogly, now if this isn't a blast from the past.
Wonderful to hear from you again Ruben. Hope life is treating you
well. So what have you been up to lately? Survive the hurricanes in
one piece I hope? Say hey to Cinnavere for me.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

> "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Ruben
>
> Great googly moogly, now if this isn't a blast from the past.
> Wonderful to hear from you again Ruben. Hope life is treating you
> well. So what have you been up to lately? Survive the hurricanes in
> one piece I hope? Say hey to Cinnavere for me.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

LOL

Yeah, life is good, life is great. :)

I really never left AGD, been lurking off and on, just never felt like
posting. Your story on Wild Bill, sure brought back memories though. Hope
life is treating you well too.

I'm sure Cinnavere will be happy that you remembered her, I'll pass on your
greetings.

I've given up hardcore entirely, and let all my accounts expire. I still
dabble with softcore (West, ladder) once in awhile, but just can't get into
it anymore. I still use the "Spook" handle, accounts being Spook-0x, with x
being 1,2,3, or 4, and even some of those softcore characters are nearly
ready to expire.

Ruben

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:56:23 GMT, jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:

>Hi Mickey! LTNS. I hope everything is going ok for you

Seconded ;-) Saw one of your mules in the AGD game the last time I was
on BNut, but you weren't behind it at the time.

> Yeah, life is good, life is great. :)

Great to hear, good things should happen to good people.

> I really never left AGD, been lurking off and on, just never felt
like
> posting. Your story on Wild Bill, sure brought back memories
though.

Wild Bill was indeed an amazing D2 player. Probably the best I've ever
seen. And some of his stunts still amaze me; from gathering all the
monsters in the Chaos Sanctuary into the central pentagram, to the
nekkid Zon clearing the Hell cow level, to amazing everyone by
identifying their gear in the chat channel.

> Hope
> life is treating you well too.

Life is good. I just had Lasix surgery and threw away my glasses after
over 35 years with em. The Steelers are winning again. And I'm off for
a vacation in Maui in a little over a week. So I really can't
complain.

> I'm sure Cinnavere will be happy that you remembered her, I'll pass
on your
> greetings.

Please do. One of my fondest D2 memories was the day you and she both
made L99. It was a great thing to be a part of.

> I've given up hardcore entirely, and let all my accounts expire. I
still
> dabble with softcore (West, ladder) once in awhile, but just can't
get into
> it anymore. I still use the "Spook" handle, accounts being
Spook-0x, with x
> being 1,2,3, or 4, and even some of those softcore characters are
nearly
> ready to expire.

Oh great, you corrupt me into the dark side of HC and then go back to
SC yourself. LOL. I still play some, but not as much as previously.
Bongo-Fury7 is my HCL account on East. I've been playing with the
folks at the Amazon Basin. Really great folks, like the GAT crew, but
without the PK bullshit. I tried West for a while but the lag spikes
were killing me, literally. I'm suppose to get DSL, but it still isn't
installed a month later. Maybe when I get my broadband connection I'll
try West again and keep an eye out for you.

Great to hear from you again Ruben.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

ald wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:56:23 GMT, jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:
>
> >Hi Mickey! LTNS. I hope everything is going ok for you
>
> Seconded ;-) Saw one of your mules in the AGD game the last time I
was
> on BNut, but you weren't behind it at the time.

That was my youngest son, Jacob at the wheel :)

Mickey

EvilBill wrote:
> Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> > EvilBill wrote:
> >>
> >> Holy MFing Batman! Look who it isn't.
> >> How you doing Mickey?
> >>

> > I am well, all things considered. One nice thing about Detroit is
that
> > it has a huge Arab population, so I can actually find food I like
> > eat. I have made a good friend here who is an Iraqi, and he and I
go
> > on a lamb hunt twice a week for lunch.
> >

> Sounds good to me :)
> I've just been playing *far* too much D2, and spending time with my
fiancee.
> <g>

Enjoy the D2 while you can, as fiancees have a habit of become wives,
and then the party is over :)

Mickey

ald wrote:
> On 20 Jan 2005 07:35:06 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >ald wrote:

> >> Seconded ;-) Saw one of your mules in the AGD game the last time I
> >was
> >> on BNut, but you weren't behind it at the time.
> >>

> >That was my youngest son, Jacob at the wheel :)
> >
> >Mickey
>
> Ah, ok, fair enough. Hopefully we'll see you there soon as well as
> here?

There depends on how fast I get a computer for my hotel room. Here
depnds on how long before the usual suspects arrive to make my life
miserable again.

Mickey