device driver problems

ok i have a major problem i never had before with my webcam i think and device driver i run my cam for about 30 min or more all of a sudden my computer restarts and when it comes back up it says a problem has occurred with device driver so i go through the steps to try to find prob all except repairing windows xp installation should i do that?or does anyone else have any suggestions u can email me at jammie1_2001@yahoo.com thank you very much

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I believe that the new microsoft upgrade somehow messes
with the usb ports as my adsl modem is now causing a
driver conflict despite it having worked fine for 6
months and the only new thing I have installed is the
upgrades.