disconnect from broadband

I have problems disabling the broadband connection. I used to be able to do this, but now when I try to disable the connection, an error message occurs:

"It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account."

Please help. I would like to know what's wrong, and how to correct the problem.
3 answers Last reply
More about disconnect broadband

    Unplug the ethernet card, see what program complains.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ddt" <ddt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have problems disabling the broadband connection. I used to be able to
    do this, but now when I try to disable the connection, an error message
    occurs:

    > "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
    connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support
    Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system
    account."

    > Please help. I would like to know what's wrong, and how to correct the
    problem.

    A simpler method of disconnection would be to disconnect the cable at the
    cable modem. This cable terminates at the network card or USB port on back
    of the PC.
    "ddt" <ddt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have problems disabling the broadband connection. I used to be able to
    do this, but now when I try to disable the connection, an error message
    occurs:

    > "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
    connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support
    Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system
    account."

    > Please help. I would like to know what's wrong, and how to correct the
    problem.

    "ddt" <ddt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have problems disabling the broadband connection. I used to be able to
    do this, but now when I try to disable the connection, an error message
    occurs:

    > "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
    connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support
    Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system
    account."

    > Please help. I would like to know what's wrong, and how to correct the
    problem.

    Unplug your modem.

Broadband Connection Microsoft Windows XP