disconnect from broadband

July 18, 2004 8:39:03 AM

I have problems disabling the broadband connection. I used to be able to do this, but now when I try to disable the connection, an error message occurs:

"It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account."

Please help. I would like to know what's wrong, and how to correct the problem.

More about : disconnect broadband

Anonymous
July 18, 2004 1:37:05 PM

Unplug the ethernet card, see what program complains.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ddt" <ddt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have problems disabling the broadband connection. I used to be able to
do this, but now when I try to disable the connection, an error message
occurs:

> "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support
Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system
account."

> Please help. I would like to know what's wrong, and how to correct the
problem.

Anonymous
July 18, 2004 4:59:03 PM

A simpler method of disconnection would be to disconnect the cable at the
cable modem. This cable terminates at the network card or USB port on back
of the PC.
"ddt" <ddt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have problems disabling the broadband connection. I used to be able to
do this, but now when I try to disable the connection, an error message
occurs:

> "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support
Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system
account."

> Please help. I would like to know what's wrong, and how to correct the
problem.

Anonymous
July 18, 2004 6:27:28 PM

"ddt" <ddt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have problems disabling the broadband connection. I used to be able to
do this, but now when I try to disable the connection, an error message
occurs:

> "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support
Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system
account."

> Please help. I would like to know what's wrong, and how to correct the
problem.

Unplug your modem.
!