Supreme Commander Sound effects?

COLLINS311

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Hello,

Maybe this has been covered around here before, but I searched and couldn't find anything. I recently just installed SupComm and it appeared everything worked fine, the game play works, the cut scene in the start looks and sounds great as well. But when I play the game it seems all the sound effects are gone (voice, shooting, walking) all i hear is the music.

Is anyone familiar with this problem and it's solution? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
You get the latest patch?

I've never seen (or heard :p ) of that problem, try gpg's tech forum, probably people with that issue. And loads of other...

COLLINS311

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
yeah i tried that last night but no dice. I'm at work now and tried last night, i think the patch was 3202 or something, but it was the only one i saw on gpg's site. If i am looking at the wrong patch please someone let me know. And thanks for the feedback stemnin.

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
The latest patch for SupCom is 3223. Your game should update automatically when you join the GPG multiplayer network. Goodluck

King-Of-Kings

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Its not a problem, thats just how the game actually is.

I noticed that aswell and its pretty annoying. Its supposed to be muted to show the height and depth, if you really zoom in you'll actually be able to hear the units since your supposed to be closer to them. I think its kind of overdone though.

Are you playing with headphones? Cause if you are its almost unplayable just hearing the music score. Play it out of speakers and you'll be able to hear your units perfectly even pretty zoomed out.

COLLINS311

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
I got it fixed. I updated the patch, I joined GPG and got the update but still nothing worked. So I went into my sound settings and changed it to "desktop speakers" from "5.1 surround" and now the sound works and is pefect in the game. I'm sure it's just some incompatability with the game and my soundcard.

now if I could change the fact that I suck at the game...is there a patch for that?

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Ahh yes, on the gpg's tech forum that's one of the fixes. other fixes include: Turning down hardware acceleration (wow), turning off sound completely using /nosound command (triple wow), I haven't played supcom in a while, guess they're still working it out.

ben_the_man

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004
you couldnt find this stuff on the GPG forum? im pretty sure its a sticky there. Anyways, sound problems in this game are really common, and are usually fixed by altering your directx settings to minimal hardware acceleration (worked fine for me) or changing the configuration of you sound system, either through software, or physically on you sound controller (if you have options there)

Ben

King-Of-Kings

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
ya this game is pretty hard. I've played RTS's since the first C&C and none have been this challenging.

Its good in a way tho cause it forces to get more strategic to win instead of just building a massive army and destroying.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Its good in a way tho cause it forces to get more strategic to win instead of just building a massive army and destroying.

Are you talking about SupCom? Instead of building a massive army.. I thought that was the whole point lol.. or just race to tech 4.

King-Of-Kings

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Are you talking about SupCom? Instead of building a massive army.. I thought that was the whole point lol.. or just race to tech 4.

Ya thats true but you have to build a massive army in C&C aswell, its just not as big of a scale as SupCom is.

Even with a lot of units its not as easy. Since the enemy is smart enough build base defences from aa guns to shields depending on the situation. You some what need a plan of attack.