Aircard 555 v. 555D?

anyone the difference between the Aircard 555D (which is now listed on
VZW's site) and the older 555? Sierra Wireless' site doesn't list the
555D.

--
**** Please Remove "AT" from email address before replying ****
Joel Raskin | www.jraskin.com

    The dr offers: The 555 is voice/data. The 555D has had voice disabled, so
    it is a data only device.

    The rest of the story: Beginning Jan 04, the FCC has required that any
    "voice" wireless phone provide aGPS capability. Sierra's 555 has both
    voice/data. So those 555's that are sent to Verizon have had the data
    component disabled. Hence, the 555D is a data only air card.

    --
    dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
    Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent

    If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
    you.

    -

    "dr.wireMORE" <dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in

    > The dr offers: The 555 is voice/data. The 555D has had voice
    > disabled, so it is a data only device.

    Thanks!

    --
    **** Please Remove "AT" from email address before replying ****