Aircard 555 v. 555D?

joel

anyone the difference between the Aircard 555D (which is now listed on
VZW's site) and the older 555? Sierra Wireless' site doesn't list the
555D.

--
**** Please Remove "AT" from email address before replying ****
Joel Raskin | www.jraskin.com

The dr offers: The 555 is voice/data. The 555D has had voice disabled, so
it is a data only device.

The rest of the story: Beginning Jan 04, the FCC has required that any
"voice" wireless phone provide aGPS capability. Sierra's 555 has both
voice/data. So those 555's that are sent to Verizon have had the data
component disabled. Hence, the 555D is a data only air card.

--
dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent

If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
you.
"Joel" <jrAT@jraskin.com> wrote in message
> anyone the difference between the Aircard 555D (which is now listed on
> VZW's site) and the older 555? Sierra Wireless' site doesn't list the
> 555D.
>

> --
> **** Please Remove "AT" from email address before replying ****
-
> Joel Raskin | www.jraskin.com
-

joel

"dr.wireMORE" <dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in

> The dr offers: The 555 is voice/data. The 555D has had voice
> disabled, so it is a data only device.

Thanks!